grant_wesgate

Planning for a home redesign, where to begin!?

Grant Wesgate
6 years ago
In 2004 I bought my first house, nothing flash just an end of terrace ex council house in South Wales, I was 24 and happy to get a mortgage and get on the ladder. Thirteen years later I’m still here only now I have a family and the house is in dire need of some redesign, decorating, reconfiguring etc.

Now I’ve had a million different ideas and have attempted to start half of them but I have never finished any of them! It’s getting to the point I could start my own series of unfinished home from hell!

The only way out for me is to come up with a plan! Now I don’t have a budget because I don’t know what can be achieved yet, I have big ideas for our little home but can’t put them into a plan or design let alone a reality.

Can anyone out there help? I suppose what I am looking for is an architect to work with me to get the design and layout down and even advise me if all this work is a good idea on a home like this!?

When we have a solid plan in place I can then get it costed and start organising a budget and get things underway. The “unfinished” nature of our home really does depress me, we never have people round, I don’t let the children have they’re friends stay. For 2018 I just want our little house to finally become a home we all love.

If there is anyone out there that thinks they can help, then please get in touch!

Comments (24)