neelkanth_patel

Paint Dilemma, didn't like the paint that i put (Ice Grey 8259)

Neelkanth Patel
3 years ago

Hey team,

I need some advice and kind of running out of time.

Our new house is in thane, its a spacious big house and for now my dilemma is concerned with the primary colour for the house. I ideally wanted to put a white which is not too warm/ yellowy but at the same time not harsh white, like the 6000k light, which has a bluish tinge in it.

Somehow i couldn't find the right shade and i decided to go with a grey shade (Ice Grey Asian Paints 8259). However, after the painters have applied the first coat, i think it looks dull. Plus if one use the 6000k light on the shade, it looks all the more gloomy. The developers had by default put Sonnet L156, although i didnt like the colour, i do realise that relatively it made the room feel bright and big. Which is not the case with Ice Grey.

I want to do some correction. Can someone please suggest me some safe choices in WHITE. My sister has put a shade named Natural White by Dulux in Australia, it matches my needs completely, but the shade isnt available in India.

I am attaching reference of the white i like. Even the episode of Kajal Aggarwal on Asian Paints where the heart is has a white which is absolutely the kind i would like, but they dont mention shades there.

I hope someone can help :)

Will try and upload a few pictures of Ice Grey in sometime.

Comments (6)