jessica2267

No. 2 White Oak Flooring without stain?

Jess C
7 years ago

We are about to install hardwood floors throughout our home, about 1400 sf. I like the rustic look, and the price, of the cabin grade, No. 3 utility oak. I watched the youtube videos and learned about the waste, filling the holes, splits, etc. The amount of work has us now considering the No. 2 White Oak flooring. I have a very busy household with several dogs and 4 children, so I am thinking that it may be necessary to go without stain that may only show more scratches... am I right in thinking this? Does anyone have any photos of their No. 2 White Oak floors with only a poly or protective finish on it? Or even with stain... how does your stain hold up with kids and pets? Will I regret staining if I go that route? I'm hoping for a lot of color, browns, tans, but not orange. Because I fear the orange, I sometimes feel like I will need to put a light brown stain to stop that from coming through... I am having a hard time actually picturing these different options and I can't seem to find many pictures of it online. Sorry if this all sounds like I'm a rambling mess, but that is kind of the state of my mind right now! lol

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

Comments (7)