pankajkanodia

i need help for my formal living and unformal living and dinning

pankaj kanodia
13 September 2013
the attached image is a rough layout of my new house....
i need to make a formal living near the main entrance
i need to make a home theater with a projector
i need a dinning and a open kitchen

Comments (300)

• pankaj kanodia
    Only tht oval ceiling on the pillar wd do????
  • pankaj kanodia
    amy look at this
  • pankaj kanodia
    u wod see gr8 concepts for the pillar and hallway tooo :)
  • Amy Cali
    Sonali's work is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I still think your ceilings are good the way I showed above but it is your dream home so only you can decide what is best. I may not be right on this one so trust your instincts.
  • pankaj kanodia
    nooo i am making it all ur way....
  • Amy Cali
    this wouldn't look bad across the entry and into the formal along walls F & G
  • pankaj kanodia
    seating arrangement in the living for projector screen... wht do u think :)
  • pankaj kanodia
    hallway

and pillar area
  • Amy Cali
    I personally would not like to have all my furniture facing the TV. I would also want my TV hidden in an open concept like yours. The images you are choosing for the living room are more for an enclosed media room. I'm not seeing a nice connection between this style and your dining and formal rooms. If you still choose to do a media room in the open concept the deep curved seating will look nice with the ceiling design.
  • pankaj kanodia
    hmmmmm....

sooo wht wht is final in our designs..
  • Amy Cali
    I like the screen on the hallway ceiling. You could do it along with the curved ceiling.
  • pankaj kanodia
    :) yepies gud gud...
  • Amy Cali
    so lets pick two more areas for a screen inset to incorporate the hallway detail into the open area....
  • Amy Cali
    ok just had a brainstorm....give me some time to draw it out to show you
    pankaj kanodia thanked Amy Cali
  • pankaj kanodia
    oki... :)

amy urrrr toooo good
  • Amy Cali
    Im heading to bed now very sleepy. I think I came up with a real "wow" factor for the pillar but maybe I'm just over tired? I'll try to describe the idea to you tomorrow. Goodnight (or should I say good morning)
  • pankaj kanodia
    Goodnight Amy

I too went to sleep ..... :)
  • Amy Cali
    So your pillar ideas of the terrarium and the other of the bamboo got my mind going in the "moving/living" direction for your feature. I thought a pair of 2 ft wide x 8 ft tall cylindrical aquariums on either side of the pillar custom made into a built in feature would look amazing with all your LED effects. I visualize the feature to be modern and slick in a lacquered high gloss white finish, with metal details custom fabricated to match the ceiling grate details from your hallway back to the bedrooms. It would be truly one of a kind. So much so that I can't really find a picture to show you. Here are some vague ideas for you.
  • Amy Cali
    What are your ideas on flooring? Stained concrete, tile, wood, carpet? Dark or light?
  • Amy Cali
    Are you open to a different accent color other than red?
  • Amy Cali
    Are you able to use leather furniture pieces or should we look at fabric?
  • pankaj kanodia
    In living area I have planned Italian marble including the hallway and the kitchen . Wd send u the pics today
  • pankaj kanodia
    Leather or fabric is not a problem
  • Amy Cali
    Ohhh marble yes!! Are you familiar with the iconic saarinen oval dining table? Its available in a beautiful marble top.
  • pankaj kanodia
    hmmmm...

amy now can u tell me if we have done any changes in the celing design ...

so tht i cod start the finishing of celing and after tht wd do tht flooring
  • Amy Cali
    i would keep the original ceiling design with the added metal work to the hallway and also inside the recessed oval in the dining room. Your pillar could have the metal work as well.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Amy onething

Original means ur one or my old design

Just got confused
  • pankaj kanodia
    hey ru all ther....

wer ru
  • suzanne_m
    Pankaj, how is your construction going?
  • pankaj kanodia
    hmmm gud...

gud to have u back suzanne... welcome back
  • suzanne_m
    When you have a chance, post some pictures :)
  • pankaj kanodia
    Hey what do u feel about this new layout
  • suzanne_m
    Wow! That's look really nice. I like the changes you did on the layout especially the one where you made your bedroom smaller to allow to move the kitchen, dining room and living room. I find it has a better flow. Good job.

You came a long way since 3 weeks ago :)
  • pankaj kanodia
    Thanks Suzanne...

So do u think I should finalize this one do all the changes
  • suzanne_m
    I think I would like Amy and Fred to check it out too. I saw 3 little things for now:
    It looks on your plan that you have a sliding door to get to the toilet but the sliding door slides right in front of it. Is there a way you can enter in the middle of that room instead of right in front of the toilet.
    It might not be a problem but the vanity in your bathroom is right beside the window. Are you fine with that? Usually the side of a vanity rest on a wall not a window. Also, you will probably have a gap between the side of the vanity and the glass. You may have hard time to clean that little spot or pick-up things that might fall from the counter.
    The toilet and the vanity in the powder room should be further away from the door so you have room to enter.
    There might be other little details but I will take a look at it later. It is 1:50 am. I am going to bed.
    Have a good day :)
    pankaj kanodia thanked suzanne_m
  • pankaj kanodia
    good night suzanne... sweet dreams.. and thanks for ur valuable suggestions
  • suzanne_m
    I think a comfortable distance between the island and the counter is around 42". It seems that you have only 30" between your cook top and the counter. I might be a little too tight. The wall between the entrance and the kitchen could be 4' long instead of 6', you would then be able to move the island a foot which would give you more room between the cook top and the island.
    Could you switch the location of the toilet and vanity in your dad's bathroom so your enter facing a vanity instead of a toilet which is a lot nicer.
    pankaj kanodia thanked suzanne_m
  • pankaj kanodia
    suzzanne wht if i keep my room size same and remove the island from the kitchen.. wd it help
  • pankaj kanodia
    amy wer ru......

long time not seen u... plzzz check the new layout if u lik it..
  • suzanne_m
    Pankaj, do you mean same size as I drew it few weeks ago?
  • suzanne_m
    Looking at the floor plan above, it seems that your bedroom had been shorten from 19' 2" to around 16' 2". You can make your bedroom 19' 2" but you will lose 6 ft of counter top.

What is the dark blue square in the kitchen?
  • pankaj kanodia
    its a water body
  • suzanne_m
    What is a water body?
  • pankaj kanodia
    waterbody issss maybe a water fountain... or a water aquarium