sumit_malhotra5517782

please help...hello i have one sofa set and 2 single bed one tv in liv

Sumit Malhotra
6 years ago
hello i have one sofa set and 2 single bed one tv in living room facing kitchen and entry door in first floor flat,, please send some suitable design. thnx

Comments (76)

• Rina
    6 years ago
    Hello again. I can see I'm likely to be remembered as the lady who never stopped asking questions. I've tried to do a plan of the room below as you have it now. The thing that puzzles me is that I can't tell whether the balcony door and the wall to the right of it are in a straight line or not. It looks as though the door is further back. Sumit, can you tell me which of the plans below is more correct for the shape of the room?
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    YES !! RINA & ASV.. THE PLAN IS A... BUT NO SPACE IN LONG SOFA & SINGLE BED.
  • Related Discussions

Need suggestions and help

Q

Comments (7)
    The simplest thing to do would be to get rid of the small stuff you have on your wall and replace it with something big. You might try a big mirror with a black frame. You need more stuff up high, so consider putting something on top of the high shelves. I really like your muted colour scheme and the pop provided to the muted scheme by the comode with the green and red. The green picks a little out of the couches. The problem, from a colour point of view, is the yellow-tan cabinet and coffee table. Having three cabinets on one wall is brobs too cluttered. You MIGHT remove the center cabinet, replace it with the comode to cover the switches, then put something big to balance the cabinet on the left, or, better yet, get rid of it too. You could put down a rug with matching colours.
    ...See More

WHAT IS MISSING IN THIS DESIGN? GIVE ME SUGEESIONS.

Q

Comments (27)
    With your original pictures - I agree with larger rug. But I don't agree with comments suggesting the rooms are monochromatic. They are lively indeed. I think you are just missing some accessories! Art work on the empty walls - even just a single large dramatic piece is in order. In the bedroom on the white wall, in the living space behind the sofa, in the greenish bedroom behind the two beds. Those are instant areas where you can improve. But I think your spaces are lovely and well put together. Also I agree with the comment about table lamps - some of those would really add something, and your coffee table looks so empty - maybe just one gorgeous bowl, or stack some books. These rooms are 90% done in my opinions, just need a few finishing touches. Some of my rooms come out like this because the clients are not willing to pay for those last few finish items or feel they can do that part themselves...
    ...See More

i need help for my formal living and unformal living and dinning

Q

Comments (300)
    I think a comfortable distance between the island and the counter is around 42". It seems that you have only 30" between your cook top and the counter. I might be a little too tight. The wall between the entrance and the kitchen could be 4' long instead of 6', you would then be able to move the island a foot which would give you more room between the cook top and the island. Could you switch the location of the toilet and vanity in your dad's bathroom so your enter facing a vanity instead of a toilet which is a lot nicer.
    ...See More

living room help

Q

Comments (1)
    Sumit, you have added your pictures to other people's dilemmas which is considered impolite. Rina is giving you considerate advice so please be patient and graceful. Thank you.https://www.houzz.com/discussions/please-helphello-i-have-one-sofa-set-and-2-single-bed-one-tv-in-liv-dsvw-vd~936885
    ...See More
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    Hi there SumitSo now we have established your room layout (thanks Rina). Next do you need to seat lots of people? Is this area used as a living area for more than 9 people to sit? How many do you seat normally?We can find a way to turn your two beds into one (using what we call a trundle bed).
    Basement Entertaining · More Info
    would enable you to place such bed in the corner next to the balcony (where you currently have your big bed. Move your three seater chair opposite it facing the trundle bedThen add the two arm chairs facing the balcony to create a CIf this can work for you as a living arrangement we can then suggest colour schemes etc. But it is important that the function of the room works for you.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    TNX ASV, BUT I THINK SPACE IS NOT ENOUGH.. ACTUALLY RINA SEND ROUGH IMAGES WHAT SHE UNDERSTAND,, KINDLY SEE..
    & NOT MANY PEOPLE JUST 4 OR 5 PEOPLE ONLY..
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Would this arrangement fit? I'm sure we could think of a way to use the two beds as a lovely, long sofa/daybed.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Or something like this? I've changed the shape of the guest storage cabinet -- I'm thinking of something that's not deep but has several drawers.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    TNX !! RINA, I THINK 2ND IS BEST, IS IT OK WHEN ??ENTER IN LIVING ROOM LONG SOFA THERE. BUT U TELL WHICH WOULD BEST.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    Why don't you try moving the furniture around and see if it works. Rina has come up with some great plans...
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    I think it's fine -- draw the eye forward with art on the wall above the storage cabinet, and a striking rug to create the feeling of a passageway. But the best way to tell if you would feel comfortable with it is to move it there. Actually moving the furniture around is generally by far the best way to settle finally on a good layout because so much of it is about how the room feels when you're in it. What do you think, ASV?
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Off to do some necessary things ... be back later.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    SumitJust to answer your question. If a long sofa is by the entrance as Rina has drawn it, it actually creates a good zone between the entrance area and the living area...Please take Rina's advice and move the furniture to see how it works. Take pictures
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanx ASV & RINA .. & about color scheme or art work .. ASV ??
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    So colour scheme: you have white marble floors and tall walls. I am guessing you are in a warm climate? What colours do you like? I am thinking of peacock feather colours: turquoise emerald green? Are those colours you like
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    hey ASV!! hello , here all kind of climate , like 4 month too hot 4 month too cold & 4 month rainy ,,,,and present is starting of Hot...& yes i like green like ..it just appear in this page and blue and some grey. and good as u said , any kind of all season color ?? or ART work ??
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    You have very little light so you need to keep it light. Using this as a basis you could add lots more colour. Basically you add white sllip cover on your sofas and over the beds. You add a lovely carpet on the floor in a bright colour in turqouise or green, lots of turquoise and green cushions to add variety.
    Miami Luxury Apartment · More Info
    artwork - do you want to buy new modern art? Are you looking at making it yourself or framing a poster or picture? The colours (like in the picture below) will give you an idea of how to add colour. You should get three very large posters or canvases for one wall and two for the other side.
    My white Scandinavian home. Splash of colors. Old & new. Always in change. · More Info
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    hi Rina what about your idea ??
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    ASV.. and about any dark color on wall or ???
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    No, you don't want dark colour on your wall.Thinking about it, if you have cold weather, you might want to go for warmer wall, such as a taupe - a very pale warm grey. This will give you warmth and work with your room. Now instead of turqouise and green, add teal and moss colours (the second picture shows moss green) and the teal is the colour of the blanket on the bed in the first picture...
    Vizzini · More Info
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Hi Sumit -- I've spent the afternoon adapting AVS's blue/greens to one side of your room, but I've gone light grey on the walls to play up the cosiness of the space a bit more than the white would, and tried to give it a richer feel, especially with the art.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Sumit, you really owe Rina lots of thanks - she has been a star in giving all this time and energy to your project. Well done, Rina. It looks gorgeous
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    :-) :-) :-)

Thank you, dear ASV.

Sumit, I want you to get a room you love.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    ASV: I see I called you AVS above. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    By the way, Sumit, to get art to play with I googled tropical forest paintings and then messed around with what I found. That's the feeling I think you could have in there with a blue/green colour scheme. If you don't like that idea, there are lots of other ways to pick art that will go with the mood you want. Or would you like to think about other colours?
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    Hi Rina, easier if you call me by my first name: Antoinette ;-)
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    'Ello, Antoinette.
  • papoodles
    6 years ago
    I hope that Sumit comes back when he's made the changes. With Rina's and Antoinette's help- he's going to have an amazing transformation to his living room..
    Sumit Malhotra thanked papoodles
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    hey !! hello to all of you ,, yes !! amazing all the work you have done, specially Rina thanks allot for your work , i mean a simple looking living room looks now a better. thanks.

Rina ,, light grey on walls , its perfect, but any alternate on white sheets on beds or sofa, ?????? but that also must have .. with blue green combo ..
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    ??
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Hi Sumit. Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten you. :-) I've been involved in a couple of other dilemmas, and life, of course. I'm thinking that instead of white, charcoal covers would look good with the colours, but they might make the room seem too dark. So I'm mulling over the question, but haven't had time to try drawing new covers on to the picture. I'll be out most of today. (It's 9.10am here.)

Not sheets to cover the beds, by the way -- properly tailored covers in a solid, linen-like material are needed, or they'll just look messy the moment anyone sits on one.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    rally thanks for your effort RINA, its fine when u get time pls send some draw with some other color, nice job, THanks again ..

ASV , have u any other idea rather then white on beds ???
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    ASV, can u help it in color choise ??
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    I'd also love to hear what ASV (aka Antoinette) thinks. So far, I think a soft grey-green would tie the grey of the floor and walls with the green curtains well -- it doesn't have to be a plain material; a pattern like this one would be really nice. I changed my mind about charcoal not just because it would be too dark, but also because your seating looks dark brown, and I think the two different dark colours would not be happy together.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanks Rina , i m just going to ask you to, green & blue is pretty much good , but what is the alternate of white color , on bed , on sofa & on wall, , pls pls pls... ..
    ....&
    ,, yes , the pattern you send that is too good,
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    Ah, I thought you meant just an alternative for the white on the bed. Are you looking for a third colour that will work with the green and blue? I've already suggested grey for the walls -- do you want an alternative for that too? Or are you looking for an alternative to green and blue (so that, for instance, the curtain and cushions would also be different colours)?
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    Sorry been busy and not at machine - will give this some thought over the weekend.
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    yes Rina, that is ok with grey color on wall, but i m looking for another color on beds and sofa ,, but dont want white .
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    This is a bit scarey, but if you really want your colour rich, purple might work. Though I certainly wouldn't put it on both the beds and the sofa -- I'd make one of them, perhaps, the lighter colour I show below or medium-dark grey. And if I did use purple I would probably make the green less bright, which I've done in this rendering.

You may notice that I messed around with the "art" a bit to bring its colours more in line with this version. In fact, probably the best way to find a third colour would be to find art you love that uses the blues and greens with other colours and draw the third colour from that.

I'm not entirely happy with this but perhaps it's a starting point, even if it's to say "No, anything but purple!"
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    Hmm - not really a fan of purple with the green and blue. I am not near a photoshop program... but lets look at this.1. Agree a grey wall that picks up the grey in your tiles the grey in the sofa below might be a good starting point (or even a wallpaper)2. What about swapping the accents around. So go for a patterned emerald green or blue cover for the beds and then white green and blue cushions? (see second picture for cushion idea)Something like the pattern of these armchairs is modern and cheery.
    Highfield Road Living Room · More Info
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Hi Antoinette. I thought you might call me to order on that one. :-) Please ma'm, the de'il made me do it. But I've always had a liking for jewel-box rooms.

I do like the pics above. If, for example, the beds were covered in emerald green, what would you do for the couch and chairs? It would be one massive dose of emerald green to do them in that, and I think even, e.g., doing them in a dark blue that blends with the blue cushions might be too much matching. Or might that work, do you think?
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    I've more or less promised myself a day off today, but if I feel lonesome for fiddling with Microsoft Paint (no Photoshop here) I may just do that later.
  • shelleyuk
    6 years ago
    Hi guys

How about using a navy as a neutral for the sofa and bed. Or sticking with the grey but going a darker grey, again used like a neutral.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    HI RinaI do agree I love jewelbox rooms, but I consider them more cosy ... and with a grey marble floor it goes all Versace Italianate! I am trying to balance the colours by bringing in a pattern on the covers rather than plain. I feel this will bring colour without overpowering the room. In the pictures I showed above, the rooms are basically neutral but the colour is brought in via pattern - I think this might be the way to go...Ideally a green or blue on a subdued grey would be the best, but I dont know what the market is like for Sumit...Cushions can do a lot to tie in the other white/grey elements.Shelley - navy is a good suggestion, but as Sumits area is quite tall and thin, trying to keep the general area light Any more suggestions most welcome. These are just ideas after all and Sumit will choose what works for the room in the end ;-)
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • shelleyuk
    6 years ago
    Sumit where are you based? I don't know if budget allows but could you consider a daybed sofa with a pull out trundle bed underneath. This would free you from having to incorporate a separate bed into your space.

I agree Antoinette, pattern would help the space and you're right about the floor and the colours.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked shelleyuk
  • Rina
    6 years ago
    I like the navy idea, Shelley, but yes, we are concerned about the room becoming too dark. I absolutely get what you're doing Antoinette. I'll wait for what Sumit says he might like to see before doing another rendering. Still being lazy today.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked Rina
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    hey guys, Thanks alot for for your works, yes Agree with Rina And ASV also, both are quite right ,
    Rina.. both color are good, i will go for ... wall color ; grey ,,, bed sheets and sofa might be light color,
    &
    ASV's idea is also pretty good, like multicolored cushion will make good pattern.

Shelley, yeah m from Chandigarh INDIA, based , budget not a problem but space is issue, please look at the top of this chat, i attached my living room pics.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    6 years ago
    How beautiful Chandigarh is... built by LeCorbusier. Went there a few years ago. Fascinating place. Are you in one of his apartment buildings?
    Sumit Malhotra thanked ASVInteriors
  • shelleyuk
    6 years ago
    I just wondered whether if you went for something like this you could completely free up your space. Not sure whether you can source it ready made but a trundlebed could be made easily.
    Sumit Malhotra thanked shelleyuk
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    yes off-course luckily, ASV..
  • Sumit Malhotra
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanks shelley Uk, i will make mind on this..