kpnunez

need help with paint colors for foyer/hall, kitchen/family room

kpnunez
10 years ago
An exploding water heater in our attic resulted in us having to paint much of our home. I have tried and tried to come up with a pallet and consulted so many of the different comments from other Houzz users, but I am STUCK. AND, I need to make a decision within 24 hours. Here is our layout:

Our home faces west so we get a lot of morning sun in the kitchen/family room that comprises the back of the house. In the afternoon, we get sun in the two story foyer and hallways. The spaces that need to be painted are contiguous with one another. furnishing and carpets (they are excellent quality persians) stay for now. The sofa will eventually be replaced to something more neutral and kid-friendly. The colors on the walls in the kitchen and familyroom are horendous. I hated them as soon as they went up and I'm using the recent event as an opportunity to put something on there that I like. The current colors on the wall in the kitchen and family room are BM Monroe Bisque (too yellow looking, don't like it) and Shellburne Buff (very mustardy looking...hate it). The foyer and hallway was supposed to be SW Ancient Marble but was matched incorrectly and has more green so it looks a little minty in the sunlight (but I loved it).

My favorite place to be is the beach but I don't want a beach theme. I'd love to lighten up the colors in the back of the house and have tried SW Sea Salt but it almost looks baby blue and doesn't work. I'm all over the place. My gut tells me that I should go neutral and then bring in my favorite colors in accessories or draperies. Incidentally, the persians have almost ever color in them.

I would be most appreciative for any help you can offer in such a short period of time. And you will see from all the paint swatches that I clearly have no thoughts.

Comments (7)