webuser_776359451

Kitchen Design Layout (New Kitchen in Library/Bar) - Feedback Please

Suzanne
5 years ago

Hi Everyone, I'm just starting the planning phases for a kitchen remodel for our home. I've got an initial layout from our architect that I'm considering and would love your feedback. This is an existing home that we purchased recently and we're not planning to do any other home remodeling beyond the kitchen project... famous last words I know ;) This room is the existing library/bar in our home which we plan to swap with our existing kitchen. We've gone over options with our architect and GC and expanding the existing galley kitchen is not really doable so swapping the big library/bar with the much smaller kitchen is the most practical option. We don't want to replace windows or doors or move walls around with the exception of the new pocket door which would connect the kitchen pantry/beverage area to the living room so that it's easier to grab coffee or drinks when entertaining in the living room. We have 2 kids (in middle school) and often have friends and family over to eat (mostly very casual gatherings) which is why I'm thinking I want a 36" fridge. There's a really big dining table in the next room so the thinking is we would eat breakfast in the kitchen and might hang out there while prepping/cooking but would probably often sit and eat in the next room. The new kitchen would also open up to the pool and terrace and we could eat there as well sometimes. The fireplace in there is existing and although I wouldn't normally chose to put one in a kitchen we don't want to eliminate it and instead just want to reface it with materials that will make it look more beautiful and connected to the kitchen (maybe the same stone used in the backsplash or elsewhere would look nice on that fireplace wall). The 18" fridge is actually a wine tower between the fridge and freezer and the micro steam is a microwave and a steam oven stacked together in the same 30" column with a warming drawer underneath. I'm grateful for all of your input. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments (10)