dannybudd

Need your help

Danny Budzinsky
10 years ago
Can someone please help me by suggesting something to put on my dark purple wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (48)

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Three triptich artworks. or three art peices that relate to one another.
  • PRO
    Stanton Designs-online design services
    10 years ago
    A piece of art to hang, you don't want anything big or bulky, something simple. The chandelier is throwing the room off just a little bit, very modern compared to everything else in this space. If you wanted to add some modern touches you can? Is that the way you would like to go?
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Good job on the buffet and love the chandelier. Maybe some silver framed art on the purple wall to tie in with the light fixture.
  • Danny Budzinsky
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks. I would like to add something a bit modern. As most of my house has some antique and some modern pieces. I like a mix of both.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Here are some thoughts, but I tend to think you need to keep going with your silver theme from the chandy.
    Dining Room · More Info

Hidden Hills, CA · More Info

Hollywood Regency Dining Room · More Info
  • User
    10 years ago
    I would relocate that wine rack, and take away the candles on the table as you already have some on the buffet. Art work that reflects your personality.
  • Lkristine
    10 years ago
    Something like this would look beautiful with your room. Sorry the image is so small. Just click this link so you can see it better. http://www.wayfair.com/Amanti-Art-Framed-Print-Wall-Art-DSW574664-XAQ3374.html
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    I don't mind having modern and old in the same room, but what bothers me is having different metal finishes - silver and gold . If you could replace the chandelier I'd use some gold art for the purple wall
    Cartier Heart Strings Artwork- Gold Leafed - Clayton Gray Home · More Info

Bering and James White Gold Abstract Art · More Info

Eclectic Mirrors · More Info

or repaint the mirror frame with silver , replace the table lamps and then go for some silver art.

Cartier Heart Strings Artwork- Silver Leafed - Clayton Gray Home · More Info

Silver Birch Wall Graphic · More Info
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    I like a mix of silver and gold. Jewelry is featuring this and I wear both together. I like them in a room also.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    My suggestions are usually based on inexpensive ideas and helping one to make as few expensive changes as possible unless the dilemma is stating that there will be a replacement. It's real easy to spend someone else's money.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    Well, I guess it's up to one's taste. For me it doesn't work. :) Not even for jewelry.
    In home decoration maybe even more - to me silver almost always speaks - modern, crisp, clean, cool when gold is more on the warm side, old elegance, romantic. It also very much depends on the finish - rose gold, vintage gold, bright yellow gold. There is also a silver with a golden shine, and some of them I see as good pair, it's true. Or, if silver and gold are paired they either should have the same finish (brushed, weathered, shiny) or definitely the same style - modern, vintage whatever.
    This time is not the case though - a mirror with a vintage gold frame paired with a very modern shiny silver chandelier doesn't work for me. To my personal taste a chandelier with a brushed silver finish or one with a silver golden would have been a different story.

I'll take this as a non offensive comment, right?
    "It's real easy to spend someone else's money. "

I never advice people to throw money - I usually suggest them to go to HomeGoods , or FleaMarkets, Thrift Stores and such for great deals and I try to come up with idea for DIY. ( notice repaint the mirror frame instead of go, run, by a new one! silver spray - $4?)
    My approach is much like this : something similar to the pictures I post would work. That doesn't mean someone would have to jump in and spend thousands. There are so many options out there

@dannybudd - I really hope that my honesty didn't bother you :)
  • Patty Eades
    10 years ago
    Love the purple wall with your furniture.......the mirror is the perfect balance with your sideboard w/your two lamps, it would be nice if you could find something purple to put on your sideboard to pull the purple over to that side of the room....(purple hydrangas in a low silver bowl?).....yes, move the wine rack......if the mirror is gold, just get some silver paint and brush over it lightly to bring in the silver.....like the suggestion of silver vases on the table, art on the wall is wide open, I like the idea of 3 pieces that work together since the mirror is a large rectangle....nice job.......good luck
  • alwaysdesigning
    10 years ago
    I love deep purples like your wall. I would consider an all-over stencil as a dramatic backdrop and then hang accent pieces if you like; or the stencil may be enough for you, (in a glaze or Metallic paint maybe?). Consider stenciling a medallion around your dining ceiling fixture to tie it together, as shown in the last photo attachment. Dramatic without clutter. Good luck
    [houzz=
    Decorative Faux Finishes and Murals · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Stenciled Wall · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Dallas, TX: Jen & Reed Wilcox · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Gallery wall · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Eclectic Bathroom · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Princeton Restoration · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Traditional Master Bedroom, Austin, Texas · More Info
    ]
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    "Beyond' Danny stated above that he would like to mix what he has and 'add a bit modern'. As you stated the reasons for not liking the mix.. really is why mixing works for Danny. I remake items all the time with spray paint and color washes. I shop thrift stores and any discount stores also. It's great fun. He may not want to spend the couple of dollars for anything or have the desire to spend the time to DIY. We do not know if Danny is concerned about mixing the finishes. He will have to let us know. He has already mixed his choices so I'm assuming he is ok. It will come down to the fact that he will make decisions based on what all of us have to suggest.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    I agree with 'brody' add some puple accessories.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    I agree with 'alwaysdesigning' about possilble stenciling.or framing a wall and adding art or stenciling inside
    Metallic Faux Painted walls. painted border, Hand painted Scroll Design · More Info
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    'BeyondFrames' I believe we just have different opinions and that's really what is asked of us. Neither are the only right ones. I'm leaving it up to 'danny' to weigh his options. Sorry about all the dialogue.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    It's a great looking room. I love the silver chandy. Not so crazy about the shades on the candlestick lamps with it, though. I would look for new shades that echo the silver in the chandelier. Perhaps something like these:
    Traditional Kathy Ireland Onyx Splendor Candlestick Buffet Lamp · More Info

I would remove all the candlesticks and the flowers and place low bowls on the sideboard and the table. Bowls could be silver or gold or a combination. I like the mix of metals in the room.

For the purple wall, put the wine rack on another wall, then hang art, either one piece or a grouping, that is about as wide as your table. I love the second piece posted by Beyond Frames. Here it is again along with a few more in styles and colors I think would work:

Twilight II Print by Caroline Gold · More Info

"Gold & Black ~ White Lines on Birch" by Amanda Stone Talley · More Info

"Shoreline" Unframed Canvas Art by Caroline Gold · More Info
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    You have a point, I wouldn't deny that. But I'll stand behind my comment as I'll always believe that honesty is the way to go. And further more, did it ever happen to any of us to not realize one detail and even though we could not fix it right away to be happy that someone has brought it up to us?
    And well, sorry for the dialogue or not, you grabbed my sleeve ! :) You could have ignored me and let Danny consider his options from the very beginning.
    If Danny is OK with the mix that's fine with me but maybe, just maybe, the same mix is the reason why he cannot find the last detail to finish the project.
    I would look for something similar to this artwork as it ties the gold, silver and the rug together but it needs to be bigger. A triptych would be far better.

• leelee
    10 years ago
    I think a large piece of art would work great on that wall.
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    These three are favorites of mine
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    "BeyondFrames' I like that last art piece suggested.
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    this is the 2nd
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    and the 3rd
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    It wouldn't let me post all 3 together but they're original art, not prints, from Pottery Barn, quite large. Check it out if you like them. I like your mixture of modern and traditional,
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    10 years ago
    Danny, more art choices for you :) Good luck finishing your lovely room!... Raisa https://www.houzz.com/products/rose-in-black-and-white-by-ben-and-raisa-gertsberg-fine-art-print-prvw-vr~3231064
    Sailing, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Floral Fantasy No 2, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    Perhaps now would be a good time for Dannybud to weigh in?
  • Danny Budzinsky
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    These are all amazing ideas. Thanks so so much. I'm going to move the wine rack and get the lights off the buffet and I have some beautiful purple hydrangeas that would look lovely in a bowl somewhere. As for the wall I think a series of art would be great or a large piece
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Hate to break it to you, leelee, but it looks like only one of your hummingbird paintings is still available. http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/accessories-decor/frames-art/frames-original-art/?sortBy=priceDesc

Better snap it up while you still can.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    I like the two buffet lamps, to cut costs maybe just get two new shades.
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    wwwwAAAAHHHHH.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    LB interiors, I like that piece myself that's way I re-posted it.

There is another option : hunt FleaMarkets and Thrift stores for a big frame - I'd choose a silver one with a golden tone , or at least a big frame to repaint it, and choose a piece of beautiful fabric and framed it .
    Aaron Brothers it's a good staring point for frames inspiration if not buying option.

You could play around with different frames and the same fabric to create a triptych, or 2 small frames and 2 big ones and the same fabric to create a gallery . Or same frames but different pieces of fabric.
    To tie the styles you could use a clean, modern pattern in frames similar to the mirror or damask, paisley pattern in very simple modern frames. For both options, in fact for any of them, I'd go for silver frames with a gold tone.
    The more I think the more I'd say that it would be far better to go for at least 3 frames. Only one , no matter how big, it's going to look kind of odd with the mirror on the other wall.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    other ideas
  • PRO
    Jane Linders Feng Shui Photography
    10 years ago
    Put one of my Feng Shui photos on that purple wall.
  • Monica San Juan P.
    10 years ago
    Put one vinil decorative in white or silver color, a three or similar.
  • PRO
    Modify Your Space
    10 years ago
    Hello! Your room seems like a family dining room. I would personalize it with the family pictures printed on canvas or acrylic. Try to use bright colorful pictures or make them black and white. Make 3 images the size of the pictures half size of your mirror and choose the frames matching your mirror frame or your chandelier. Chandelier is probable better to match it seems lonely. Check this website or find your local company www.pictureframes.com Good luck:)
  • PRO
    Ruby Rose Studio, LLC
    10 years ago
    How about a nice piece of artwork? Something light and airy, like this? Would pop nicely off of the dark purple.
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    May I suggest a earth tone somewhat contemporary piece that would compliment both wall colors.
  • PRO
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    10 years ago
    The two wall colors don't work together. Why have a focal wall? This room needs to read as one.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    You have a very contemporary light and antique furn. Change lite to something more traditional . Wall color dark but if you like it, it's ok. Add a big art piece long a d high to wall put wine rack to end of Buffet.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Add tree to other end of buffet.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Or change buffet to dark wall and put wine rack on end with tree. Mirror will work above. Put big 40 x40 art work on lighter wall add a high back wing chairs on each end, in solid velvet fabric. In the color on dark wall. Will fill in space more. Captains chairs in a formal dining rm always works. Change shades on buffet lamps to white or gray.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Your buffet will get lost on the dark focal wall and it will make that wall look and feel too heavy. It should stay on the light wall. It's a nice contrast. My opinion. I like your room. Just add a few things and maybe find a better place for the wine rack.
  • PRO
    The Look Interiors, Inc.
    10 years ago
    What a fun thread! Great ideas. You're right to move the wine rack. I'd like to see the mirror replaced with a colorful piece of art and maybe three large mirrors hung on the plum colored wall. Something like these would be beautiful and dramatic:
  • PRO
    The Look Interiors, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Just want to add that I love your light fixture and mixing antiques with modern. Such a great look.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Three mirrors are a good choice 'The Look'
  • Deb Higgs
    10 years ago
    Just a thought. Put the silver art piece from floor onto buffet. Move the tray with candles to table. Move flowers to buffet. I would change lampshades to a small/medium barrel shade in a taupe(champagne?) I liked the previous idea about changing flowers to purple hydrangeas. Maybe add a black and white personal 5x7 on buffet. Great space. Good job!