michele_stillwell_parvensky

Non symmetrical living room design

I'm trying to figure out how to lay out my new living room. It has three lovely Windows looking out over the city that I'd like to highlight - one of the Windows is on a pen angled wall, which creates some challenges. We have a large leather couch against one wall (we have a matching love seat in another room).

My current thought is two get a pair of swivel chairs (so you can turn to look out the Windows), but the question is whether to put them near the Windows leaving a non symmetrical space in the center of the room and uncertainty on how to position a rug or coffee table. An alternative would be to out the chairs opposite the couch, but then there's a awkward, unusable space behind the chairs, and they aren't ideally positioned to look out the Windows.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome - I'm new to this! I've attached a floor plan (the front door is on the bottom right, there's a partition wall at the entry), photos of what it looks like now with our couch, and a photo of the real estate staging before we moved in

Comments (7)