robinnc

Please help my kitchen...lighting, counters, floors, oh my!

robinnc
10 years ago
Unfortunately, we had water damage to our kitchen ceiling and floors over the winter holiday. Part of the wood floors will be replaced and all will be refinished in a little darker cherry finish. Outdated lighting and counters will be replaced, as well. Cabinets and appliances (for now) stay. Having some design dilemmas, as there are too many beautiful choices out there, and I need to refocus!

Lighting - We have a colorful, fairly bold lighting fixture over the kitchen table that will stay. Need advice for lighting over the island and sink. My thoughts so far...recessed lights over the walkway in front of the dishwasher and stove, pendants or mini pendants over the island, and I'm stuck on the sink light. Do I have enough recessed lights if I do four 4-in cans? Suggestions for pendants or any other lighting ideas? I am open to all ideas!

Counters - We are used to the dark counters, but a counter expert suggested going to light counters. Opinions? I like the Super White granite counters with white cabinets I see on the web.

Back splash ideas?

Ceilings are 8 foot, and kitchen work area is only about a 10' x 10' space.
Changing the color of our paint will be a big undertaking, as the kitchen, front hall, and living room are open to each other, but I do realize the paint color in the kitchen should probably be changed. Ideas about that?

Thank you so much for your help!!! Looking forward to getting my kitchen put back together soon.

Robin

Comments (4)