bamamom

HELP......chairs or loveseat/very small couch????

bamamom
10 years ago
I may have messed up....please see my original post "Unbalanced wall space....

I started out thinking this was going to be a little home office space/sitting room. Then it really became more sitting room and playroom for 2 year old grand-daughter. Which is what I really would like the space to be. The chest is actually a secretary from Ballard Designs and holds our laptops and cords, etc. Bottom drawer is file cabinet. So it works perfectly in here. Only other option would be to move it back into the guest bedroom, where it was not getting used.

I have since sold the little brown loveseat/chair&1/2. Now I have the two slipper chairs left. Not really liking them under the painting.
I think I really would prefer a small sofa (65" long max) or a regular size loveseat (60-65" long). I am loving the white sofas with neutral walls.
Here is a pic of the Standby loveseat from Ikea, I know it is cheap, but I love the white color, size and that the slipcovers are washable...good with grandchild running around.
Also attached is fabric swatches from Home Reserve, for loveseat possiblity from that source.

What to do?
1...keep chairs, different color area rug? IF so, pattern vs solid?
2..Purchase colorful loveseat and sell chairs and keep white shag rug (just purchased in Aug)? See fabric swatches for color options
3. white loveseat (Ikea) and a colorful rug....pick color from painting?

I really have to make up my mind this time as the hubby is tired of the quick changes going on. But, I am so tired of making mistakes and second guessing myself. My gut tells me white loveseat from IKEA and an area rug in a color from the painting. I would really prefer to keep the secretary in the room where it is located...to balance the wall AND it is being used for the purpose it was intended. Granddaughter's toys are on the other side of the room, not really visible from dining room or the kitchen until you are almost in the room.
PS....wall color is Manchester Tan from Benjamin Moore and is NOT changing....LOVE the wall color.
Thanks

Comments (24)