webuser_725719105

Mountain Cabin needs updating, help with choosing paint please!

JR Feeler
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We have a new cabin in the mountains that is a dream come true. Would like to do some updating, starting with paint. Current wall paint is Tuscan yellow which is not my taste, feels dark and dated. I tend to prefer cleaner looks, white wood trim, Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter walls, and bold colors in accessories. But, for the cabin, leaving the stained wood trim feels right. I'm lost for how to work with all this wood and brighten everything up but work with the cabinets, trim and carpet (tan) that is here. The upper kitchen cabinets look quite yellow to me (but it might just be all the yellow paint). I have zero attachment to the stone on fireplace and around wood stove and would have no concerns painting over it. Apologies for the poor quality pics of the whole project, house was not straightened up, holiday decs not quite down and was just anxious to get pics so that the improvement ideas can begin. Any help for paint colors, or even some yummy bold wall paper in key areas are appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (31)

Sponsored