coup77

vinyl roll or tiles?

coup77
7 years ago
Hi all,

My dilemma is this:

I need to replace the flooring in my through lounge/ dining room. Currently we have laminate which is old and curling in some places due to water damage.

The issues facing us are these-

FLOORING TYPE SPECIFICATION
We have a dog who suffers with bouts of incontinence, so whatever we put down must be watertight.

INSTALLATION
We have a few pieces of large heavy furniture that absolutely won't get out of the room unless we break them up/destroy them (or take windows out and put them in a container for the floor installation- we don't have the budget for this)

MY ASSUMPTIONS
I'm thinking that vinyl roll would be the best option but I think installation of a roll won't be possible because we can't clear the entire floor in one go.

LVT on the other hand could be a go-er, as we can clear one half of the room, get the floor laid, give it a few days to cure, move the furniture to the new floor and get the other half done....however, to guarantee its watertight, I'm thinking it will need to be varnished.

WHAT I DON'T KNOW
Can LVT be varnished?
Would this solution prove as costly as real wood parquet?
What other options have I not considered?

Thank you please.

Ps any suggestions to get rid of the dog won't fix the issue as I will then be heart broken and spend all the budget on booze to drown my sorrows and still have a crappy floor (pardon the pun!)

Comments (6)