mahazara

Needing some wallpaper advice

mahazara
7 years ago
Hello.
i am needing some advice on some wallpaper choice on below locations.
1) Entrance hallway - 9 meter long. 9 feet ceiling 1.5 meter wide
2) An study room / home office wall
3) A staircase that has a large window in it.

For the study room i am wanting something thats natural but gives an office vibe.

For the staircase, I am wanting something that will give an essense of outdoor look.

For the hallway i am wanting something colourful, Geometry or has a bit of wow factor to it.

any help will be appreciated

Comments (38)

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

So, what wallpaper ranges have you looked at already? Mokum is a good Aussie brand.

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    is Mokum just a brand? there are just so many wallpaper. i have seen some from bunnings and masters but nothing that takes my fancy. need to know of a wallpaper business name or shop where they have a much bigger variety for me to look at...
    Thanks for the response..
  • Related Discussions

need help for selecting color & style in wallpaper for living room

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi, it's difficult to provide suggestions without seeing the color and style of your living room. Are you looking for traditional or contemporary feel?
    ...See More

Need help with selecting wallpaper for a bedroom with deep purple theme

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi There. We have a ton of purple options here at Prime Walls. This link will bring you to the page with our purple options, http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/index.php?pattern_id=&book_id=&accentcolour=&style=&primarycolour=Purple here are a few more specific in regards to wanting Deep Purple http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/102 http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/454 http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/90 http://www.primewalls.com/products_residential/viewsku/290 please visit the website, and let me know if you have any questions! Good Luck!
    ...See More

Wall papers

Q

Comments (1)
    I was in the hotel renovation end of construction for a few years. VWC or vinyl wall covering is by far the most durable product o the market. Most paper-hangers can install. Also using corner guards will keep it looking great for years to come. Good luck Artisan Pacific Construction, Inc. Los Angeles, Ca.
    ...See More

wallpaper

Q

Comments (6)
    'Trend" is an overrated word while fashioning homes.....every nook and corner should have its own say.....can be with anything...wallpaper/dark solid paint/wooden panelling/ wall art/ stone/ mdf panels/ Pop designs/ etc etc........something to ponder on !
    ...See More
  • mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank You!!
  • bigreader
    7 years ago
    Porters paints has great stuff.
  • mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    link? what are porters paint?
  • User
    7 years ago

I agree with bigreader.

• bigreader
    7 years ago
    Thanks TTT. Was off feeding kids (never ending) People do often seem to find house but have extraordinary trouble then using Google.
  • User
    7 years ago

No worries! At least they're back at school now!

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    haha bigreader, you got that wrong. its about getting a 2nd opinion,
  • User
    7 years ago

If you're lucky on Houzz you'll get more than two!

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    lol!
  • kylieanne80
    7 years ago

https://www.grahambrown.com/au/wallpaper?gclid=CMPCmuv2_c0CFQqkvQodtEMEyA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Graham am and Brown have a great range of designs, it is online ordering so there would be shipping costs, however you can order samples which is A4 size for about $1.

• jennymca
    7 years ago

Wall Candy Wallpaper Shops in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney have the most fantastic up to date range of wallpapers from all around the world. Also well trained staff with great ideas and onsite consultations if you need it. I have used them many times.

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    good stuff!! i will give them a read
  • mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i was thinking of putting an outdoor like forest or tree nature type image printed on a clear stick on paper that can go on that window so when u look at it. it gives the impression that you are looking at nature, trees, ...
    question is i dont know how realistic if will look ..
  • PRO
    V Richards
    7 years ago

The window space is so high up ... the tops of trees or plants would be the "normal" thing to see at this height.

Opaque glass is the plainest option ... as there here are many coloured, textured and etched glasses on the market - have a look what's available.

A made to measure laser-cut metal artwork (which fits seamlesslessly over the frame of the window) would be another alternative ... chooseing a small to medium all-over contemporary motif.

The most expensive option would be a stained glass window ... in a contemporary design ... in the colours of your choice. With this option you may not need wallpaper at all!

Good luck with it all!

• PRO
    BC Magic Wallpaper
    7 years ago

We have a great range of self-adhesive, removable wallpaper available! We can also make feature wallpaper from high resolution images :)

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    very detailed infor v richards. thanks.
    alternatively, i was thinking to put an out door stairs on that side of the house that go upto just below the window sil and put plants in pots and have pots sitting on the stairs..
    that way from inside the house i see the trees thru the window without seeing the pots or the stairs. but cost wise its unrealistic!!!
  • Kay Vickers
    7 years ago

I suggest you use paint for the impact colour, that way you can change it easily when trends change, and hang wall art for the dramatic effect and wow factor. Try Ironbark Images in Maitland NSW for fantastic images, I used them on a project in the Hunter Valley, they have all sorts of photos that can be printed on thin metal, the ones I used were 3.6M x 2.4M in size and gave the big room a fantastic impact! Have a look at Calvery Aged Care Facility, Bimbadeen Hostel on the internet, you will see the huge pieces I am talking about in the lounge/dining areas.

• Linda Butschle
    7 years ago

Pendant light in stairwell

• Kerrie Langloy7
    7 years ago
    my advice would be don't wallpaper! It's a very personal taste thing & a bitch to take off. I have not bought 2 houses because of the wallpaper & the hard work to remove it. I have also wallpapered, got sick of it in a few years & then of course had to wallpaper again or do a lot of hard work to strip it off to make a clean wall to paint.Having said that i believe there are new wallpapers that you just peel off a backing paper & apply that don't have that dreaded backing & can just bee peeled off. Google "removable wall paper" . Thinking of getting some to do the inserts of my wardrobe doors.
  • Louise
    7 years ago

Annandale Wallpapers 74 Parramatta Rd Stanmore, they only do wallpapers and have a very large range, also they are very helpful and know their wallpapers.

• Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

wall paper is personal choice I just wonder if you have two many different ideas going on in one space. I can only suggest that you make sure that while separate all the papers are tied in together by one form / feature - whether it be colour or texture - make it cohesive.

• PRO
    Wow Wallpaper Hanging
    7 years ago

Wallpaper Installers Brisbane - Residential & Commercial Installations · More Info
    This is a great geometric design for the hallway. In this photo it is being used in a powder room but it is suited to all areas of the home. Being white with silver metallic circles it is contemporary yet neutral enough to look amazing without being too overpowering.

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    i need something for a hallway wall and a study room wall too.
    thanks for all your suggestion guys.
  • Lizzie Neale
    7 years ago

We just wallpapered our "office wall" which is just a corner in our living room, and like you felt like having a WOW factor ! We love it and it makes us feel happy in the work area !

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    that looks pretty good!! a bit girly for me maybe
  • Jessie Lobo
    7 years ago

EUROWALLs is another company that you can look at , they have a fantastic collection which you can have a look online as well as in their store in High street Prahran, Melbourne

• Kay Vickers
    7 years ago

Have a look at Masters Hardware, they have a beautiful one that is teal blue with birds on it, very stylish.

• carolohara
    7 years ago

Think really hard about wallpaper you are stuck with it, a feature painted wall would be more doable and cheaper and to hide windows next door what about shutters they look great. Wallpapers date quickly at least changing the colour on a feature wall wouldn't be too hard. I've been scarred from using the wrong wallpaper it looked horrible and dated. Really consider. Good luck.

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thats is very true once dated ..then its gard to peel off and repained...more like replace the plasterboard ...
  • Deborah Wreford
    7 years ago

Sorry Mahazara I know you asked about wallpaper but the elephant in the room is the view from your staircase window. I just have to talk about that first! I would decide whether to screen the roof next door or incorporate it into the design scheme. If screening, I'd decide whether to do fixed or adjustable screening. If fixed, I'd go external with a cut metal screen. If adjustable, I'd go with an internal plain sheer blind (motorised). THEN I'd figure out what to do on the walls. If you did decide to keep the window as is, you could use a roofscape or cityscape design in browns/blacks/whites so next door's roof is kind of incorporated. I know it wasn't the question you asked, just had to say what I saw ; )

• mahazara
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thanks deb. whats a roofscape or cityscare design look like?
    the staircasw window actually isnt something you look at all the time, only when u accessing the stairs ofcourse, next doors roof dont bother me much but once i put a pendant on i think ii really just want something natural, hence why i was thinking maybe i shud be a metal outdoor stairs outside and put plants on the stairs like a maple tree or something that grows about 2 meters to 4 meters...that way u wud see that through that window...

what are peoples suggestions about the hallway big ginormous wall? i will put a pic soon of the wallpaper that i was thinking about putting in the study..
  • Deborah Wreford
    7 years ago

You're welcome! Roof/city scapes are like landscapes, but the views are of roofs not plants. Google roofscapes images and you'll get the idea : ) And if you're not bothered by the roof next door then I'm not bothered by the roof next door! I'm sad to say though that your metal outside stairs idea will likely not get approval from your local Council. I say that approval is unlikely because that roof next door seems very close, so I imagine the setback of your house (and theirs) is likely as close as Council will let you get. In other words, no building of any structure such as stairs would be allowed in the space that's there now. But never say never...give their planning department a call or submit an enquiry online and just run the plan past them. Maybe instead of stairs you actually mean a Juliet balcony? (google it!) Even that plus the type of window it's attached to is subject to Council approval so again, you would need to contact them. Plants on a Juliet balcony would indeed be very charming but I'm not sure how realistic this option is. So all that being said, I'm still going for my roofscape/cityscape option to better incorporate next door's roof. Roofscapes can include trees too you know!

• User
    7 years ago

I would frost that window, or opaque leadlight. .