numbersjunkie

Marvin Quotes - Is this for real?

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

We are planning a remodel of our master bath & bedroom, but we are shrinking the master to add an additional bedroom. We want new windows for the remodeled rooms - aluminum clad windows with wood interiors that will be probably be painted white, no grills. I just got quotes for Marvin Ultimate & Integrity, and I'm shocked at the cost - $36K and $27K, respectively (installed). The quote is for 2 double casements two single casements (both 58" high) and a series of high window units (about 24" square)- one double casement and 2 triple casements. The install cost was about $11,700. Not sure if the install price is accurate since it is for a full tear out installation with interior and exterior trim and casing. The existing windows will be removed by our remodel contractor and we had planned on having him frame the new window locations, do the interior trim and replace the exterior siding.

This seems crazy expensive to me, so I am asking if the costs (windows and install) sound right for the Marvin products? If so, I need to look at alternatives. I will check out the Anderson 400, and the lumber yard that carries them also has Milgard, Lincoln, CertainTeed. Should I rule out any of these?

Comments (14)

Sponsored