karadotcom

Backyard Landscaping

karadotcom
8 years ago

I am planning a design for my backyard, and have an idea of what I want for the flooring. I will be using 20x20" concrete pavers (http://www.lowes.com/pd_300845-215-NA_0_?productId=3031587) with about a 2-3 inch space all around each. I have attached a picture of the look I am going for.

I need advice on the following:
- What do you think the appropriate amount of space is to leave between the pavers? I live in a townhouse so my yard is not huge.
- I originally wanted to put gravel in between the pavers, but our contractor said it might be a pain to pressure clean because the gravel would go all over the place. I then thought about grass (which I actually like better to bring some more greenery in), but he said that the grass's roots might end up moving the stones. Is there a type of grass that I can use to achieve this look but also keep it low maintenance as well? And should I cover the whole yard in grass before placing the pavers, or only put grass in between them?

I live in Miami, FL, so it's typically hot and humid and we get a decent amount of rain in the summer.

All advice and opinions are appreciated :)

Comments (5)