jessnjules

Just bought our first home, and need help with design please!

jessnjules
9 years ago
Hi guys, I'd much appreciate some help with colours and furniture layout for an old 60's weatherboard cottage we just purchased. We plan to do as much painting/ new carpet etc as possible before moving in (get keys in a month) and need to work out a design.
These pics are from the real estate - as you can see the previous owner did absolutely ZERO to get the house ready for sale, it's dirty, has smoke stain (so gross) and in desperate need of a paint job.
I have a very eclectic/ vintage/ rustic farmhouse style and love to use bright colours on painted furniture/ accessories and art - so I am thinking a grey for the walls with a white trim? is this too bland? I'd love to do a feature wall also but not sure where and what colour. We need new carpet for the bedrooms and also plan on doing a full paint job on the outside - thoughts on colours? I like the bright blue/white coastal look.
Also I am REALLY struggling with the layout of the living space - the room just off the front door (s) - there are 2 entry doors, is a 'nothing room' and I'd really love to give it a function, would it be strange to make it a dining room? There aren't many walls to be able to use it as a loungeroom either..
We have a 2 year old toddler so we wanted a corner for her toys and the lounge area is an awkward space given the wood heater is plonked right in the middle of it.
*Please excuse the terrible house plan, an architect I am not! lol*
Any advice or thoughts would be fantastic! Thanks :)

Comments (20)