bikewalkbarb

Kitchen faucets for really big apron front sink

Barb Chamberlain
8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

As part of an overall kitchen remodel we're putting in a big apron front workstation sink, the 46" sink from Create Good Sinks (https://www.creategoodsinks.com/products/46-ledge-sink-apron-single-bowl-right-drain-5las46r). It's time to pick out the two faucets to install.

They need to have a big enough spray radius once they're pulled out to reach the corners of the sink. As I read specifications on some, they say generic things like "reaching anywhere in the sink". For 50% of my 46" sink? I need to know I can get to the (radiused) corners.

Need to be available in brushed nickel or something that will go with that and the stainless steel of the sink and our appliances. (Not a fan of mixed metals.)

These will be hard-working faucets; I garden and will be washing produce and prepping for home food preserving in addition to everyday cooking and baking (hence the giant sink). Sink will be at a window with a deep sill extending from the back of the sink straight out, so plenty of room for the hardware.

Overall kitchen aesthetic is clean and simple, sort of contemporary/modern-ish. Slab-front cabinets in a honey maple finish, floor is Amorim cork in Fashionable Graphite, countertops are Caesarstone Clamshell. Cabinetry/drawer hardware is a simple brushed nickel with curved drawer handles and a domed circular cabinet pull. Think rounded, not angular.

This is a huge project involving more than the kitchen and cost is definitely an issue. We looked at a beautiful Brizo Solna but I'm not paying $700-$800 for one faucet when I need two.

I'll also have a potfiller over the induction cooktop so I need that fixture too, in something that matches or is complementary/close enough in design. (I've already read the threads here with pros/cons on potfillers so the replies don't need to unpack that decision, thanks.)

Brands, design, cost info, pros/cons of the one you have all appreciated. First-ever kitchen remodel and I'm tired of decisions. I've never had to think so much in my life about things like whether I want the spray setting to stay the same after the water shuts off (I like that, my husband doesn't, either way is fine) and the shape of a fixture.

Comments (32)

Sponsored