clare_devlin14

living room layout/ideas/colours

Clare D
2 years ago

Hi everyone! I have moved into a new flat. A Victorian tenement. I am a bit stuck with how to layout the living room and also what colour walls would look nice with the carpet, which I am keeping though it’s not my no 1 choice (it is grey). The yellow blinds are being changed to white. The sofas came with the flat and I plan to change before too long so they don’t need to be taken into account when making suggestions! (Although I’ll be living with them a little while so also open to ideas of how to do a cheap temporary look for the room with the sofas staying!

I don’t know what to do with the bay window space and I would like the room to feel more “centered” than it does just now.

I don’t have a tv and I’m in two minds to get one or not so layout ideas including or excluding tv area are welcome!!

Finally- ideas for colours which would go with the carpet would be great. I thought I would like grey walls enough but living here a couple of weeks I don’t find the grey very homely/warm. I still usually like quite a light and airy feel though.

Thank you all so much!

Comments (13)