lalita_saraswati

disadvantages of using concrete shelves in wardrobe

Ananya Sawant
4 years ago

Hi, I need to know what are the disadvantages of having concrete shelves for wardrobe purpose in bedroom and kitchen. Are wooden shelves better?

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Wing Feather Impressions
    4 years ago

go for visakha or bison cement board

• Ananya Sawant
    Original Author
    4 years ago

ty @wing feather impression but my question was Iam not able to decide between concrete shelves covered with wooden door or wooden wardrobe customised as per my choice. Which is more good looking? Ty

• PRO
    Wing Feather Impressions
    4 years ago

2 nd option is convenient.

• Ananya Sawant
    Original Author
    4 years ago

thank u wing feather be impressions

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    4 years ago

Ananya,

Concrete. shelves are lesser costly when made along with construction. They need more space and offer lesser flexibility when you need to change shelf placements. The are very long lasting.

Wooden/Plywood carcass allows you to change the placements when required and take lesser cabinet space. If done properly it will look better than the concrete slabs.

We prefer plywood carcass over other materials for the same reason.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs Bangalore

• Ananya Sawant
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ty Nitin
    Does cornerstone designs have an office in Hyderabad ?
    I follow ur replies and I see your firm follows correct specifications when it comes to serving customers.
    Ty

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    4 years ago

Ananya,

Thanks for your recognition, we do offer complete turnkey services in Hyderabad. Office is under development, will be ready by this year end.

Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs Bangalore.

• PRO
    Think Studios
    4 years ago

We would suggest wooden carcass for more flexibility, more space, and neater detail of shutter fixing to the wooden carcass than concrete.

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect
    4 years ago

Hi Ananya,

Wooden shelves allows better flexibility as you can change them anytime without any destruction. Its opposite in concrete; first they are permanent, second its hard to remove them.