maboukeer

Ogee or square edge granite

maboukeer
10 years ago
Hi,
I have chosen a very nice titanium granite slab but I can't decide on the edge. The slab is already quite busy so I am leaning toward square edge. But I feel the ogee edge will fit better in my traditional design kitchen. Any ideas?

Comments (9)

• Jen
    10 years ago
    I would go with the ogee. I think square edges feel cheap and basic. Maybe you could do a beveled edge if the ogee is too much.
    maboukeer thanked Jen
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    I'm going to jump on board with ogee. It truly suits a traditional space.
    maboukeer thanked User
  • qam999
    10 years ago
    I strongly prefer a simple edge; I feel the ogee is used far too often.
    maboukeer thanked qam999
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I like ogee, softer and less rigid. I like it with traditional as contemporary lends itself to straight edge design.
    maboukeer thanked LB Interiors
  • maboukeer
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I saw an ideabook on Houzz where they had a combination of ogee in the island and square edge for the rest of the kitchen..
  • feeny
    10 years ago
    I prefer simpler edges, but it all depends on the style of your kitchen. If it leans towards the more ornate end of traditional style, then ogee would look good. If it is more classic in design, then I'd prefer a softened pencil edge.
    maboukeer thanked feeny
  • linlac
    10 years ago
    Ogee is used on the busiest of granites. I wouldn't base your decision on that. Pick the edge you like best. I have a busy granite with an ogee edge and love it.
    maboukeer thanked linlac
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 years ago
    While I can't disagree with an ogee (it's always beautiful and that's our photo up at the top of the discussion), I think you should consider something in between. A 3/4" beveled edge is a great way to have that elegant, extended shape, but without the ornateness of the ogee edge:
    White Carrara Marble Kitchen · More Info

And eased edge can look "un-upgraded" in the wrong home or on the wrong stone. I think on your stone I would recommend either the 3/4" beveled edge,
    Chocolate Bordeaux Granite · More Info
    extreme 1"- 1 1/4" beveled edge
    Wood Stone Granite Countertops · More Info
    or a half bullnose edge:
    Saturnia Granite · More Info
    maboukeer thanked Granite Grannies