80sgirlatheart

Seeking pics of Installed Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold

80sgirlatheart
5 years ago

We are trying to decide on countertops, and right now Silestone Eternal Calcatta Gold seems to be the front runner. However, I have been trying to find pics of it installed in a kitchen, other than those provided by Silestone which have undoubtedly been enhanced for publication. My big concern is whether the pattern "disappears" and looks mostly like a white countertop unless you are right next to the counter. I'm looking for something bolder than that. If you have installed Eternal Calcatta Gold in your kitchen, I would be forever grateful if you could post a pic!! Thanks Houzzers!

Comments (203)

• klabocki
    2 years ago

@kculbers @Shakira Dhala thank you! The counter is the Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold.. flooring is laminate! was really nervous about this because nothing beats wood...but we have a lot of kiddos and a dog...so far we love it. It's mohawk, revwood plus line.

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

@klabocki- Hi! Love your kitchen and selected the same quartz for my counters. Now debating on backsplash. What tile is yours? Thanks!

• klabocki
    2 years ago

thank you @Nichole Costa - it is waterworks cottage field tile - 3x6

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

Thank you!!

• Lorraine Palmer
    2 years ago

@klabocki looks great - are the cabinets bright white creamy? Im really struggling with whites for rhis counter!

• klabocki
    2 years ago

@Lorraine Palmer - my cabinets are white but definitly a warmer/tad creamier white. I do have all kinds of different whites that don't prefectly match - walls/trim/ceiling are sw greek villa, subway tile is white and then our sink is even a brighter white - but all the differnet whites combined together still all kind of mesh and work together!

• Lauren Coleman
    2 years ago

I just got my silestone calacatta gold countertops installed and am having trouble deciding on what white to use for the cabinets. It seems chantilly lace is popular with this countertop so I got a sample and it seems pretty bright to me. Not sure if thats because its next to my previous agreeable grey cabinet color or what. Just seems super stark to me ??

• Melanie Marie
    2 years ago

@Lauren Coleman I have this combination. Do you know what you plan to use for hardware? I chose black and my only complaint is that the contrast is too stark between the bright white of the cabs and the black hardware and then the rest of the kitchen being white. I've seen the same combo with gold hardware and I think it shows warmer. Now, I have complained about this to my high-end realtor friends, the painters, the tilers etc and everyone else loves it and thinks it looks great, but in hindsight I wish I'd gone one shade warmer than the Chantilly Lace. For what it's worth the cabinet color does look great against the counters and my backsplash.

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

Here is my kitchen with CG and whitish cabinets. I also stuffier with all the different whites and chose the backsplash to bring it all together.

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

Here is my kitchen with CG and whitish cabinets. I also struggled with all the different whites and chose the backsplash to bring it all together.

• Lauren Coleman
    2 years ago

@Melanie Marie just saw this, thank you! I am using brushed nickel hardware. Still trying to decide cabinet color. Tried SW pure white but it looked grey. Went with BM white dove, started painting it and last night Im thinking I dont like that either. IDK why its so hard for me! May have to try chantilly lace on the cabinets (tried on poster board before) The CG is up the backsplash as well.

this is white dove

at night. 😫

• Shakira Dhala
    2 years ago

@lauren Coleman I think when the hardware and backsplash will go in everything will look great!

• Melanie Marie
    2 years ago

@Lauren Coleman Sorry! Just seeing this. I think the Chantilly Lace will look really nice against the hardware you chose. I really like the contrast of the Chantilly Lace against my counters and everyone (contractors and designer friends) that have seen the cabinet color, love it! I just think it's too stark against my black hardware. There is a pic of my kitchen somewhere further up in this thread. My backsplash has the same tones as the CG, so I think it would give the same effect next to the cabs.

• Melanie Marie
    2 years ago

@klabocki I never responded to your finished kitchen, it's gorgeous! I love all of it, the floors are beautiful, too.

• klabocki
    2 years ago

thank you so much @Melanie Marie !

• Bridget H
    2 years ago

Nichole, what is the name of your backsplash? Love it

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

Thanks! It's Chloe tile from Bedrosians.

• Reena Nesarajah
    2 years ago

Nichole costa your kitchen is beautiful. Do you mind sharing what handles you used on your cabinets?

• Nichole Costa
    2 years ago

Thank you! They r just these from Home Depot.

• Reena Nesarajah
    2 years ago

Thank you!

• Reena Nesarajah
    2 years ago

Nichole, what is the thickness of your counter? I’m trying to decide on that now for my kitchen reno.

• Melissa Bowen
    2 years ago

@Nichole Costa what is the color of your kitchen cabinets? I LOVE that color with the Silestone Eternl Calcatta Gold!!!

• Danielle Watts
    2 years ago

Does anyone have pics of backsplash chosen with CG other than Chloe tile or white subway?

• abrown54
    2 years ago

Did anyone have more white than creamy cabinets and use CG? i

• Kim Clancy
    2 years ago

Our cabinets are chantilly lace, which is white, not creamy. Looks good together.

• HU-119513692
    2 years ago

@Alli S - which colour did you pick in the end. I'm having the SAME dilemma as you: calacatta gold counter (which to me too seems yellowish on the sample) and white cabinet (thinking Chantilly Lace). Thanks!

• Danielle Watts
    2 years ago

We installed calacatta gold in suede finish, which appears and is more white. The polished does have a yellow tint to it against white cabinets. We are really pleased with the suede.

• Hallie B
    2 years ago

@klabocki i am designing my kitchen and my vision is very similar to yours, which is beautiful! Do you recall your grout color and large pendant light source by chance?

• klabocki
    2 years ago

Visual comfort lighting and grout was called alabaster .. light colored taupe color!

• Hallie B
    2 years ago

@klabocki Thank you so much!!

• abrown54
    2 years ago

We just installed this color in our kitchen and bath love it!

• abrown54
    2 years ago

It doesnt have a yellow background at all its not stark white leans a tad grey

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Abrown54. Looks lovely; matches well to your backsplash too!

• abrown54
    2 years ago

The cloe tile matches it really well

• HU-829153298
    last year

@Nichole Costa LOVE your kitchen choices. Can you please share the cabinet paint color? It's the perfect white!

• Liz Benton
    last year

@Nichole Costa Is that the white cloe bedrosians tile?? were in the middle of a reno and just ordered this tile. Was loving the variations in the tile of how it looks gray and white and when i went through the boxes it seems soooo white. did you feel this way and it just seems to all come together when it goes up??? TIA Also…did yiu use white grout?

• Lisa Humphrey
    last year

@80sgirlatheart I know your post is 3 years old, but just curious... did you wind up going with CG or something different? It's so hard to decide which quartz to go with!

• 80sgirlatheart
    Original Author
    last year

@Lisa Humphrey We did end up going with CG! Please see the pictures. Happy to answer any questions. We have been very happy with it. Just took these pictures and it's early morning and cloudy here. Can take more if needed. :) Hope this helps.

• beth veit
    last year

@80sgirlatheart what backsplash tile did you go with ?

• 80sgirlatheart
    Original Author
    last year

They used to carry it at Home Depot. Not sure if they do anymore.

• 80sgirlatheart
    Original Author
    last year

https://houzz.com/projects/2617895

Was trying to recreate this kitchen look.

• Lauren B
    last year

Has anyone done Calacutta Gold as backsplash too w/white cabinets (probably SW Snowbound,but I’m still open). I’m leaning towards gold hardware/fixtures. Now having a hard time picking stainless sink, or composite sink & if composite, gray or white?

• Lana Berger
    last year

Thinking of painting my 25 yr old kitchen and decided on Eternal Calacata Gold countertop. Please recommend the color for cabinets, I am thinking White or Lite Gray, but the walls are going to be SW Agreeable gray. Is that tooo much gray. Also what color back splash? Would appreciate an advice.

• jforseth
    16 days ago

@80sgirlatheart

Did you end up having a seam on your long counter near the sink? Looks like we will need one and I'm very nervous about it.

• 80sgirlatheart
    Original Author
    15 days ago
    last modified: 15 days ago

The first photo shows where the seam ended up. There is no other seam on the piece that is along the sink wall. Does that help?

• jforseth
    12 days ago

Yes, thank you!! I would like ours in about the same spot but for some reason they want to put it next to the sink, where all the dirty dishes, water, food, etc. will be. I thought maybe the end of the counter wouldn't be large enough for a small piece of quartz but apparently it worked for you.

• 80sgirlatheart
    Original Author
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

@jforseth I would challenge them on that. I have to confess that I am not great at cleaning the counters and the seam has gotten a bit dingy. I am guessing it would be worse near the sink as you say. I have heard too that seams close to the sink can be weaker. Not sure if that is true. Also, the company should provide you with drawings where all the seams will be. At least they did with mine. And make sure when they are installed, that all of the pattern lines up. If that makes sense. The first time around the company cut the piece upside down and the movement on the seams didn't match up in one area. I had to send that piece back and be without counters a bit longer but I think I would have regretted it if I didn't have them recut.

• jforseth
    12 days ago

Thanks for the info. They did say they would send a 3D plan showing the layout of the pattern and that they will line up the pattern on the seam. But now I'm not sure if the slab is large enough for our counter(65x102) to move the seam elsewhere. No doubt it will end up dark and dingy, even if you clean all the time. We may end up having to go with MSI. :(