alvamae

Porcelain rectified tile edge trim.

alvamae
5 years ago

I plan to tile my bathroom walls and shower walls using porcelain rectified tile. Some of the walls create 90 degree edges. My contractor said the porcelain tile could not be bullnosed and wants to use a metal trim. Do you have some suggestions other than metal trim? How can the sharp tile edges be smoothed?

Thanks!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    RnD Atelier
    5 years ago

Hi,

Tile trims come in aluminium, stainless steel and PVC.

1] You can use PVC trims if you don't want to use metal trims. They are water resistant and durable. PVC trims come in a variety of colours so you can also choose the colour that goes with the rest of your tiles and bathroom.

2] A stainless steel trim is extremely durable and is highly resistant to corrosion and abrasions. Due to this it is widely used in factories.

3] Aluminium trims come in a variety of finishes. Anodized aluminium trims come essentially in metallic colours like silver, bronze, copper, gold. Powder coated aluminium trims come in a variety of colours and don't give the metallic look but offer adequate resistance to water damage.

Thus, you can either go for PVC or powder coated aluminium trims if you are not fond of the metallic look.

All the best!

Regards,

RnD Atelier

Nagpur