dlg71261

Need help deciding:OPEN storage vs CABINET style bathroom vanity

dlg71261
5 years ago
This is a small bathroom and have decided on Strasser alkai vanity in satin white 30 wide X 18 deep. Not sure if I should chose the SPA collection with open shelf or the cabinet style (sample photos attached )
Anyone have open storage and like or dislike it ?
Any issues with open storage next to toilet ?
The tub area will have 4x10 subway tile and walls painted possible light gray or may use beadboard too
Floor will be farmhouse cafe plank porcelain tile
Plan to use baskets under vanity if go with open storage

Comments (5)

• Denita
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What are you planning to store in the open shelf area? Towels? Baskets with stuff in them? Nothing?

I like that the open space makes it feel less crowded in the room but I'm not sure that the open space in this particular bathroom would be a good storage solution given the proximity to the toilet. JMO

dlg71261 thanked Denita
  • dlg71261
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I have a linen closet so wasent planning on towels stored there. . Not sure what I would be putting in the baskets .lol I know that I want a few drawers because I don't have them now and want place for toothbrush etc

• PRO
    DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
    5 years ago

Open storage looks nice and as Denita said it does make the space feel less crowed. My advice would be to consider how much of a "neat freak" you classify yourself. Does dust on a shelf bother you? Will you feel the need to clean this all the time because of the dust off of toilet paper and towels? I will also back up the thought of how close to the toilet you are....how many boys are in the house? I'd play it safe and go with the drawers! (Nice cabinet style choice!)

dlg71261 thanked DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
  • Judy Mishkin
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

for our master bath we have towels rolled on the bottom shelf. for our guest bath i have a set of baskets with hair dryer, wash clothes, tp. guests feel awkward rummaging in a vanity, if everything is out where they can see it easily it works better.

and the bottom shelf def. makes a bathroom seem larger, and its easy enough to run the swiffer under it.

BUT

how many of those doors and drawers are 'real' on your vanity? top ones are generally non operable.. they back up to the sink. you dont want to end up with very very little closed storage. so if you are buying this online, make sure you see a photo with the doors open.

dlg71261 thanked Judy Mishkin
  • dlg71261
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I'm buying this from a kitchen and bath showroom and all doors and drawers are functional that's why I went with Strasser because they offer the most storage space . Thanks so much for the suggestions