apetz

Countertop veining. Need quick help please

apetz
5 years ago

I’m using Cambria Ironsbridge. There is some directional veining/wave to it. Due to the shape of my kitchen, the fabricator has the veining running left to right on my sink/window wall, and front to back on my stove wall. I think this bothers me. Shouldn’t the veining run horizontally along all long surfaces. They want the seam as indicated on the drawing attached. I want the seam under the appliance garage that goes all the way to the counter so that just a small piece of the countertop would have to be matched in a different direction. There are areas of the stone without veining so I feel like this could be accomplished? They said they can’t do a seam along the edge of that appliance garage, and it has to be a few inches out. Help. Is it strange to have the veining front to back on the range wall? The island butcher block runs left to right as you view the picture

My kitchen.

My quartz

What they have proposed

How I would possibly like to do it and they say really won’t work because the match will look bad. I’m thinking if we move the seam to the corner, aa good portion of it could be hidden under my appliance garage?

Comments (29)

Sponsored