boxerpal

They are starting to all look alike... Help me choose

Boxerpal
5 years ago

I went to my 3rd slab yard today. Tell me your thoughts.. Marble? Is that crazy? How about the colors? I have a passion for white counters. Here are some logistics. And thank you so much for any help and ideas you might have.

~boxer

White (latte) Shaker inset cabinets with hidden hinges by Cabico

5 by 7 island navy in color

No pendants

A large hood also in white only a 30 inch range but a 42 hood above

SS KA appliances with Brushed nickle hardware

Slab back splash will be whatever stone we choose

Kitchen has no windows, opens to a large family room and sun room with eating area on the side.

The navy cab is the color of the island, the white latte is the perimeter, The brown might be similar to the floor we keep changing our minds.

Granite Valley White (it has a green tinge)

Another photo of the Valley White Granite

Stataurietto Marble the photo does not do it justice. Mini flecs and waves of graphite and navy among a sea of cool white.

Shadow Storm Marble This photo is washed out. It is a soft cool white muddy with a hint of gray with a powdery feel . We would have it honed.

Shadow Storm Marble different lot number (there may not be enough slabs of this popular one)

Some past stones from an earlier visit... My daughter reminded me that I don't like a messy counter and that if I get one of these stones with movement I may find it messy.

Fusion Quartzite

Blue River Quartzite

White Python Quartzite is out my price range.

I was warned this beautiful counter is a dolmite and can be challenging to care for.

Madagascar leather (Dolmite) but they said it is a soft very soft quartzite High maintence

White Cloud Quartzite honed

There have been changes that are not shown below. The hood is 42 inches, there is a sink by the wine cooler to the right side of that bank of cabs but left of the cab above wine cooler. The island is a tiny bit bigger. NO pendants. You can't see it but there is a trey ceiling above the left side of the kitchen in breakfast area to the left of the refrig. The ceiling has can lights and there is a sun light that is in front of the right side of cabs. We are keeping it to get natural light into the room.

Kitchens that are my a few pieces for my inspiration.

I like that the cabs don't go to the ceiling. I like the space

Classic Coastal · More Info

Too ornate but I like the marble counters

Harbor Point · More Info

I love the movement of the counters and the cabs not going to the ceiling

I like the floors

Luxury Residential Photography · More Info

Comments (27)