kimberly_myers33

How much a New kitchen would cost?

Kimberly Myers
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

Recently I was able to stock my kitchen with brand new equipment. I had previously been using stuff my parents gave me when they upgraded their own gear many years ago. As I relished in matching silverware and dish sets something occurred to me; they don’t make stuff like they used to and realized I had donated my old stuff a little too hastily.I know it depends on a lot of things, but I've been watching Digital Advertising Video of the house flip shows (usu Las Vegas or SoCal) where a contractor quotes a job to the owner to gut the old kitchen and put in cabinets, floor, and countertops, at around 6000-8000. That seems surprisingly reasonable to me. I could go for that. Even 10,000 would be ok. Our 1979 kitchen is very dated and cramped, with warped brown formica counter tops, ceramic tile floor, and old dried out cabinets. There is no dishwasher, which I guess is a must for resale. I never used one myself. The floor would be a bear to take out but I'd really like to get rid of it.I've got an idea how to redo it and open it up some...but am I stuck with high Home Depot type prices or is 8k or so accurate? I always assumed it would cost 25,000. But I don't expect to go first-cabin on everything. Just a clean updated look would be great. Our appliances are already pretty new.

Any help appreciated!!!!

Thank you.

Comment (1)