newtosuburbia

Help me like my kitchen without a reno!

Leila F
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Apologies if this is pretty much a duplicate - I think I just lost my whole post.
I've recently bought a new house and will close at the end of the month. I got some great advice about the colour of my kitchen earlier in the week (paint a yellow based white) - thanks! The room is a lovely, bright, open space.

Since then I've been doing some thinking. It's not an option for us to redo the (blue!) countertops or any of the tiling, but I was thinking that the Houzz hive mind could come up with a good 'theme' or style that I can hang other decisions off so that there is a cohesive look, rather than just cobbling together stuff in survival mode. I want to love my kitchen as much as I can!

I'm thinking light fixtures (the one above the island is a fluorescent one), perhaps new cabinet pulls (which metal?), and I'd even do a new faucet.

All of the belongings in the pics are the current owners and I need to buy a table and chairs etc, so we can really style the whole thing except for the blue bits.

The tiling is really well done in real life, so I think it makes sense to use that as the jumping off point. What does my flooring say to you?

Comments (21)