ester69

Scotia on floating floor... hot or not?

ester69
6 years ago

I've recently had floating floors installed into the existing kitchen/dining/living area. I'm happy with the colour and workmanship... but what about this scotia around the edge? Am I going crazy or does this look wrong? Given that there has to be something to cover over the 10mm gap on the sides which allow for expansion and contraction, what are the alternatives? Lower profile tri-quad in white around the cabinets? Extra layer of silver kickboard to cover the gap? Any suggestions?

Comments (4)

• siriuskey
    6 years ago

deeper kickboards plinths would fix the kitchen except where there's no plinth like in the photo , what about the living area,I think a much smaller simple quad would work better cheers

ester69 thanked siriuskey
  • bigreader
    6 years ago
    I quite like it. Looks better than a lot I've seen. It does provide another spot for catching dust though.
    ester69 thanked bigreader
  • PRO
    User
    6 years ago

Hi

We usually use what is called a splay bead. It's lower and less obtrusive.

I haven't ever used scotia on a floor but it is done so is not an error.

Cheers

ester69 thanked User
  • PRO
    Get Andy Building P/L
    6 years ago
    Scotia would not be my choice either! In kitchens the trim/bead is a dust and grime gatherer and just makes the task of cleaning that bit harder. I use a second/new kicker to cover the gap and tuck the new board under the end panels where possible. Having said that the jointing they have done looks very tight! Hard to change it now unfortunately.
    ester69 thanked Get Andy Building P/L