pankajkanodia

need help for my own room

pankaj kanodia
10 years ago
i have a room which is big enough with a size of about 16 ft by 25 ft attached with a small room sized 9 ft by 12 ft.

i need to make a layout of my bedroom which would have a bed, tv area, walking wardrope and a bathroom... can anybody plz help me with the same

Comments (202)

• Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    Oh my, I step away for awhile and everything has changed. Glad Fred is on board. Glad to see the wet room pic - thx Fred. Pankaj did you ever reply to my question about how you prefer to enter the bathroom? I think Opt #2 may still be viable too. That's if you don't mind this type of entry into the bathroom. The shower could stay by the window if it is indeed set up like Fred mentioned. I personally would want to move the toilet from the original location regardless.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Hopefully we can get a reply to all the things I am assuming before we go too far in another direction. It is around 1 AM there. These thoughts are just based on other projects I have worked on from India and may not all apply.
  • Related Discussions

Need help with choosing a dressing table for my room.

Q

Comments (7)
    Your wallpaper might be the best feature for your dressing room and just let it show right through a clear acrylic dressing table.Or you could continue with your touches of gold on a new vanity or by using a bit of gold leaf on an antique one. Add a gold chair to a rosewood vanity to continue with your bedroom look. My personal favorite is #4 ,5 & 6 below. Love the curves and a desk will work too.
    ...See More

Need help in designing my small bath room . I need a bath tub ,toilet , and wash basin.

Q

Comments (3)
    Something like this may work. Note the changed door positions so that anyone in the bedrooms can visit the bathroom without disturbing anyone else in the lounge !
    ...See More

need help to design my false ceiling living room

Q

Comments (3)
    An architect would be the best person to ask. Hard to envisage without pictures. Posted July 2014 - do you still need help?
    ...See More

need help for my living room

Q

Comments (8)
    I assume that the pieces you have displayed in this corner are items that mean a lot to you. I remember being a newlywed and had to do solely with what I had on hand to make our house feel like our very own home. I added/replaced pieces a little at a time and finally completed the look I was envisioning. Below is my suggestion on how to get the items a bit more balanced to the eye. But in the end, I believe that the decors in your home all depends on how they make you feel in your heart when you look at them. The first one made use of some books and made sure the wall outlet was hidden within the wall shelf - assuming there is no constant need to use them. The second is an example where if you can buy only one piece to add, I suggest a piece to completely cover the outlet and take advantage of the conversational bubble style of the wall shelf. Have fun!
    ...See More
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hey Amy

I too feel option two is good and let's us finalise the same

Suzanne

I don't think reading area wod fit in the room so we have to leave it... The toilet is installed In wall f and is correct according to Vaastu used in India

If we use the same option as per builder then we get a dry zone in the bathroom from wall k/l till d....

I just have a confusion what to be done there.....

Freinds let's finalise the things... After a long discussion I think I can see my room geting good
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thanks Fred

for joining the discussion...

Yes this building is mainly built of concrete and all the walls in play here are concrete except the two new ones in the bathroom

it have only one door as the plan was modified by us to make by room bigger and get the room as per vaastu follwed here.

The bathroom window frame is aluminum.

You are correct that standard bathroom in India is what you might call a wet room as per your picture, i have done the modifications to create a dry zone and wet zone as used in western countries..
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    the toilet is on the f wall...

if you all think the window is big we could get the window small to the size you all think is correct...

now as we are agreeing on option 2....

Amy/ Suzanne . Frerd.

what sod we do on the dry zone in the bathroom....we can get the washbasin installed at wall E.. somthing like the image attached...

i think we could even have somthing on wall e inside the bathroom plzz see what options could be perfect..

last but not the least the wardrope i want is somthing like the images i attached.. what would the size of the same..

and we cod get the bed on wall h faccing wall c
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, do you see your bedroom and bathroom like in the floor plan below?

I think the window in the bathroom is fine. Now that I have a better idea of what is a standard bathroom in India, I believe your builder is correct the way he did it. I think you don't need to change the size of the window but you certainly need to frost it.

I think your wash basin is big enough to have room to put towels under just like in the image.

As for the closet, it is hard to say how big is the closet in the image you showed us but I think yours will be smaller. However, I think you still have a pretty good size closet. Personally I would be happy to have a closet that big.
    pankaj kanodia thanked suzanne_m
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    suzanne can u email me this final version...

pankaj@travelfunda.com

whats the wid of the cabinets..

do u think we sd do sumthing on wall d n i.. or let it be empty...

and i dont need two sinks soo it would be fine space i guess
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    Here is a visual for a closet with similar dimensions
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Pankaj, according to the builder of the above the dimensions of that closet is 11'6"x7' with a 3'4" walkway at its most narrow point (the countertop area). Your's would be slightly longer and more narrow but the difference is somewhat negligible.
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, I think your wash basin is so big, it will look too empty if you don't have 2 sinks. As for what to do to fill the space on wall D, I don't know really. You could put a plant on the corner and add a nice big wall art between the wash basin and the plant. In the floor plan below, I also added a long mirror on wall B and a bench on wall I.

Let me know if you want other changes. Once you are happy with the floor plan, I will email it to you.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thanks amy.....

now at last my room is almost done i guess... wod get the primary work started today itself and get it done soon.. thanks everyone...

i have attached the wall design behind the bed and hope u like it.... just tell me what sod i do on the tv wall...

and now when my room is almost complete can all plzz see this discussion also

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/i-need-help-for-my-formal-living-and-unformal-living-and-dinning-dsvw-vd~648409

:)

seems you all are the only one who reply to my post :)

thankzzzzz a toooon every one
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'm happyyyyyyyyyy

Perfect one I guess
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Panjak, your wall design behind your bed is really nice. I think for the television wall, you can do something like what your dad has.

I am going to email you the last floor plan now :).

I am also going to look at your discussion on your formal living room.
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    :) Nice! Yeah team Pankaj!! I'm heading off to bed but I promise to look at your other discussion tomorrow.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Loved team Pankaj

Lol....

its around 6.30 here just woke up early to c ur reverts :)

loved using houzz
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    suzanne

the dads wall design is not possible as it hav wardrope in the side i dont hav a space for that
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sod I do sumthing like this at my bedroom window
  • User
    10 years ago
    Hi Pankaj, I am putting these images together here because I keep getting lost. I think the North-South direction is wrong on one of them. This could be important for later conversations about Vaastu.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I also can't seem to find the original references to Dad's TV wall?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Now I know we have a problem with directions. Your other post has East to the left of north. That can not be correct.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Fred the direction are correct there

My room is as in the 2pic u attached
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes last image is not correct. But mine room is correct..

Today wod get the correct image uploaded... With the site actual pics
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thus is my dads cabinet
  • User
    10 years ago
    Another couple questions occurred to me. Do you have digital tv and flat screens or analog tv and tube type tv? Also, are you in an area where the buildings are built right against each other, or do you have a yard all the way around the building?
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    It's digital tv ... Flat led

My flat is open from all side by luck..
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    suzanne...

wall i is 6 foot

dear all find the room images
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    suzanne...

wall i is 6 foot

dear all find the room images
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, if you are going with the plan I emailed you, you need to re-do wall I and J since the door between the closet and the bathroom has to be about 26 in. below between wall B.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    some pics of my room..
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    my bathroom pics
  • Amy Cali
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Pankaj, for your consideration three feature wall ideas for your TV wall. (modern wood panels, stacked limestone or grasscloth wallpaper)
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    welcome back amy... and thanks
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    hey can we do this in my room
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    one more option
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, if you can't move the entrance door to the bedroom, you can't have deep storage on the wall where the television is. If you leave the door as it is now, I would recommend that you put only 6 in. deep shelves on it.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    suzanne..

the third image is the perfect one.... we would be doing the same......

when possible mail me the third one.. now my room is final :)
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Actually Pankaj, if you really like the shelves, I think you can install some on the wall without moving the door but the shelves should not be more than 12 in. deep. You will need walk around them but not by much. However, if you do that, you have to make sure that you don't put shelves behind the door because you won't be able to open the door completely.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    got ur points suzanne...

will not use the shelves... will do sumthing else.... :)

suzanne have u seen my other discussions???
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Actually, Pankaj, I was looking at it now and I was trying to understand something: I saw in the other discussion that your bathroom size is 11'-8" x 8'-0". I drew the bathroom in this discussion as 12'-0" x 9'-0". I can make the changes it is no problem but what I don't understand is that you say that the bathroom is 8 feet wide and that the window is 8 ft wide but when I look at the window, the window is much smaller than 8 ft.
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    I meant to say : when I look at the pictures you posted above the wall is wider than the window.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    the actual size is 12 / 9 only..... i had measured that.. my room dimensions after the change in the designs accurate. hav not changed the room size on all images i guess
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, just to be sure: Is the 12 ft wall the one where the window? or is it where the wash basin is?
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    no its not...

the pic does not cover the portion with the right angel.

today i did all measurements only the wall i is incorrect and need to be changed others is alright
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    its the wall where the basin is
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, I think you will need to change wall I and wall J. You will need to make the wall I shorter and the wall J longer.
  • pankaj kanodia
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    yes wod do that as per ur design... :)
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, just to tell you I made a mistake on the length of the vanity. It is 4'-8" not 6'-2". I am going to email you this one.
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    Pankaj, I just realized that initially you told us that the bathroom area was 12'-0" x 9'-0" and later you mentioned that it was 11'-8" x 8'-0". In the last floor plan, I forgot to change the bathroom with the new dimensions. Below is the floor plan with the correct dimensions for the bathroom. The bedroom is ok, I drew it 19'-2" x 12'-6". The new layout does not change the way things are placed. Everything still fit. The only difference is that the vanity is now 4'-4" long instead of 4'-8". and the toilet is closer to the shower by 1'-0".
    Can you give me the lengths of the walls K and L. They are the walls between the vanity and the shower area. I will send you the new layout once you give me the length of these 2 walls.
  • PRO
    WDF space design, Interior Design Business
    4 years ago

Hello,

can u make

this correction as i have not gone through all the above messages..

which wall is 9feet and which wall is 12 feet