ralpr26

Ideas to cover old shed foundations

14 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

An old shed was taken down in the garden before we moved in and we have been left with the concrete foundations that don't look great in the corner of our courtyard garden. Any suggestions on how to cover / make it look better without spending lots?

Comments (8)

• 14 days ago

Try to put elements of landscape design like beautiful climbers which are thick enough and during spring they will be green whole yr

• 13 days ago

I would cover it with potted plants. Which way does it face? You already have the trellis so depending on the direction you could plant jasmine or wisteria. Also consider mediterranean herbs in pots if sunny. You could also hire a breaker, break up the concrete and make a decent sized bed there. You also have great support for a green wall full of plants. Failing all that you could paint it a better colour. You could also have a fountain on that wall or just a water feature. It could also be a great spot for a mini-outdoor kitchen or potting table.

• 13 days ago

As it’s a bit unlevel, I would fill the gaps with concrete and add an outdoor rug as Betty Boo suggests. Outdoor rugs are tough and can be left out in the rain. I would also paint the white wall a different colour - grey or green maybe. Then add some planting up that trellis.

• PRO
    13 days ago

Hi Rachel, consider using outdoor rugs or interlocking deck tiles for a quick and aesthetic cover. Additionally, adding potted plants or a small garden bed around the edges can soften the look and integrate the space with the rest of your courtyard.

• 10 days ago

I would break up the remaining concrete base under the bench and replace with stone chippings to become flush with the flagstones already in place. Any put the bench back on the top of the chippings. You can choose from various colours to match the flagstones

• 8 days ago

Cheapest option would be stone chipping

• 7 days ago

What about just painting it and then stencilling a design on top to make it look like a rug? If you need to fill in the edges you can buy a tub of ready mix, and then place some nice plant pots or planters as a border and add a bench or couple of bistro chairs.