webuser_747150975

Door handles, polished chrome vs stainless steel

Julie (rewok)
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

I am on the fence between the Emtek Hecules lever in Stainless Steel vs the Polished Chrome finish.My style is modern/MCM. The house has a mix of stainless steel & chromes finishes mixed (kitchen mixed, bathrooms all chrome). Stair railings are stainless+wood+glass.Stainless: scraches more easily, but not plated, harder to see. Smudges are well hidden, but harder to clean.Chrome: almost impossible to scratch, but it is brass underneath. Easy to clean, but finger marks show easily.I like the touch of shine brought by the chrome.
Anything I have not thought about to help me decide?
(https://www.emtek.com/all-products/door-hardware/knobs-lever-and-rosettes/leversets/stainless-steel-hercules-leverset/?453=371449)(https://www.emtek.com/all-products/door-hardware/knobs-lever-and-rosettes/leversets/hercules-leverset?443=371256&453=371419)

Comments (6)

• acm
    3 months ago

I prefer stainess. chrome feels like bath to me.

• Julie (rewok)
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I can see your point, but I would not be having this dilemna if I thought like this!

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    3 months ago

My last house was all emtek chrome levers. They looked great, very crisp. Stainless always looks a little institutional to me where chrome looks intentional and more finished. I think the only one I ever had to clean was the bathroom one where it might get touched with wet hands or lotion. The rest were never an issue with fingerprints.

• Julie (rewok)
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Insteresting take on the institutional look. I agree, most offices (including mine) have stainless handles. And thanks for the feedback on the Emtek chrome. I think I'll go with chrome!

• larkspurproject
    3 months ago

I have chrome in my rental property and stainless in my home. Both wear well and IMHO are great. Thinking about the topic, if I was going to switch one out for the other....I would get chrome for my home.

• PRO
    Quality Bath
    3 months ago

Have the same experience as Hallet & Co. Do not get many complaints from customers about the chrome fingerprinting