webuser_6868130

Slab island and countertop with different slab backsplash?

HU-6868130
3 years ago

I am using slab material for both the island, countertop where range is and then slab for the backsplash above the range/countertop. This is the only countertop in the kitchen and the size is 7' long with a 36" cooktop (2' of counter on each side), while the island is huge (16' x 42"). I am using a black with white veining slab on the island and countertop. For the backsplash, which l will run to the ceiling (72", no upper cabinets) I am thinking of a white statuario marble with clean bold grey veining to add a pop of contrast (keeping the veinign simple so as not to compete with the island and countertop below too much). I see people use different material a lot on the island and countertop, in this case it will be the same. Any view on whether this black/white contrast btw the island, countertop and backsplash works or should the countertop also be in the white Statuario? People seem to do same slab for countertop and backsplash or a tile for the backsplash, do not think I have seen a slab countertop and slab backsplash contrast. A little concerned. Thank you for any feedback.

Comments (27)