houzzerpolls

POLL: Gender Neutral Color?

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
For those who want to break with the traditional blue or pink nursery, or who choose to be surprised but prepared for the arrival of their little one, gender neutral nurseries are a beautiful option.

VOTE: Which neutral nursery color is your favorite?

Vote AND POST YOUR OPINION IN A COMMENT to be entered to win a pair of Houzz slippers sent right to your door!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 8/14/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us below!

Comments (623)

• Crystal Outzen
    10 years ago
    Gray is so peaceful & calming for mom & newborn
  • gabbygirl
    10 years ago
    Beige- It seems so calm and peaceful
  • marjorae
    10 years ago
    Go green!! ;-)
  • satchmo222
    10 years ago
    Green, white, or gray... but gray wins.
  • emuller39
    10 years ago
    I like the grey, it is very calming.
  • 86redvette
    10 years ago
    TWO TONES ARE CURRENT OR SHADING HORIZONTALLY FROM EITHER DARK TO LIGHT OR VICE VERSA. CAFE AULAIT TO CREAM OR GRAY TO PLATINUM. THE BLENDS ARE RELAXING AND SOOTHING.
  • dottybex
    10 years ago
    I think pastel blueberry and cream ..you can add hints of boys or girls themes with soft toys etc. There would be plenty of time to redecorate when they get older with a more gender specific colour palette.
  • Katherine Presnell
    10 years ago
    Green gives a great base of color, but you can still bring in other colors to accent. Plus, it seems appropriate as a color to represent new life.
  • Andrea Johnson
    10 years ago
    Green-it's earthy but has a splash to it. Reminds me of days when I was a kid rolling in the soft green grass and climbing trees!
  • aswelo
    10 years ago
    I chose green because green gives in that natural green vegetation colours, then the child learns to like the environment.
  • BD PDL
    10 years ago
    I choose green because i like green color the most
  • Lynn Link
    10 years ago
    I chose yellow. Yellow is cheerful. Color of the sun.
  • bakinbitz
    10 years ago
    Rich dark grey and white-
  • lilgrace
    10 years ago
    Green is more of a soothing color, and, we all know when we put baby to bed, we need all the soothing help we can get.
  • luv2golf
    10 years ago
    Beige is warm and cozy!
  • Sandra Santiago
    10 years ago
    I'm into white lately, but why not trying something more radical - who can say that baby likes something what we usually pick for them?! Maybe some bright colors would give them more of "welcome feeling"; I would like to see all the colors of the rainbow - walls to go from one color to next, vertical stripes and no painted animals on the walls - they often look like scary creatures; give our babies life nourishing colors of their "not yet totally developed" chakras. As most of us know by now, colors have healing and effect
  • Bec Maslin
    10 years ago
    I love the grey it's a beautiful colour then you could give it a theme eg jungle animals to give it some colour and is well suited for both boy and girl :)
  • Phoebe Siter
    10 years ago
    I like a soft grey-blue (like a cloudy day color) because you can add any bright color accent and its still a calming background.
  • PRO
    Wholesale Flooring Orange County
    10 years ago
    I like either green or grey.
  • mgreen1
    10 years ago
    A soft Yellow is a universal backdrop for any baby's room. It is bright and cheery and goes with so many other colors to work with depending on boy or girl.
  • tdepetro
    10 years ago
    A pale green with removable decals. That way the theme can change with the child's preference.
  • Samantha E
    10 years ago
    I think yellow because it's a bright and cheery color.
  • jarbatz
    10 years ago
    I chose beige but would also go with grey. As a mom of 2, you want the room to be soft, calming and soothing. I like the green and yellow, but for a nursery they are a bit jarring and would be too stimulating, IMHO. Unless you don't care about getting sleep...then by all means go for the bright colors! :)
  • mollying
    10 years ago
    I did my nursery brown with vinyl polka dots. I did yellow, green and pink! I love it!
  • Nora
    10 years ago
    I chose green because of the choices here, it has the most contrast and I think that is what babies can actually see first.
  • greenlove1
    10 years ago
    avocado or tangerine
  • Rachael Blum
    10 years ago
    I am loving the grey trend in nurseries right now! You can make it feel cozy and calming while still being modern.
  • Tina Thomas
    10 years ago
    I Am Still Going With The Green , It Can Be Left That Color After The Start Growing Up ,My Other Grand Daughter's Room Is Just About the Same Color Of Green ,I Am Sticking To Green My Mind Has Been Made Up !
  • Connie Venis
    10 years ago
    My daughter chose a spearmint cot for her baby's room.
  • Kim Brandon
    10 years ago
    16 years ago, I painted my nursery mint green, I don't think I would now however. The colours on the pool are so boring. What about colour therapy. I would want to spark a creative, learning environment for my baby not lull them into bordom. Don't like any of the pictures attached to this poll. Come on Houzzers surely you can do better then that.
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to Cindy Ridgway for winning this poll contest! :) If you want another try at it, you still have a little bit of time left on our Clutter poll. Click here:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-your-biggest-clutter-headache-dsvw-vd~604399
  • zx10grrrl
    10 years ago
    Griege ... I know it was all the rage a few years ago but I found it was a shade that hubs and I always agreed on, so I vote for griege.
  • Renee McCall
    10 years ago
    Love the beige. You can do so much to personalize it later
  • Leanne McLeod
    10 years ago
    I love the grey. It is soft yet as the baby grows any pop of colour in a pillow, bed covering, toy, mobile or wall decor will change it up. Also it is very soothing for both parent and child. The grey is a great neutral that is classic and makes this room a retreat. AS the boy grows and possibly becomes interested in Disney characters, Star Wars or comic book super heros, all of his toys and themed items will still FIT and only enhance the personality and character of the child.
  • Crooked6p
    10 years ago
    a soft lavender tone. it's a calming color, promotes mental energy, actually does remedy dyslexia.
  • chungv
    10 years ago
    I just did gray! Girl.
  • barbrobb
    10 years ago
    The green is so fresh and fun! I like it and I'm not a green person!
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 years ago
    Gray is cool, calming, and contemporary for the hippest of babies!
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    White…clean and versatile. Remember, baby is in the crib looking up at the ceiling. A great chandelier that casts shadows, and mirrors, would be my recommendation.

No mobile…that only works for the adult looking at it, but not for baby who only gets to see the underside.
    Pearson's Room · More Info
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 years ago
    Grey works for both genders
    essentialsinside.com
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    10 years ago
    Grey is great, but a pop of a lighter (not super bright) yellow is lovely with the grey, or a green. But grey is great to start with.
  • PRO
    Cocoweb
    9 years ago
    Perfect!
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9 years ago
    I chose green! It looks very nice and cozy, but not as stark as the others. Just because if gender neutral doesn't mean it has to be a neutral color! Although the beige would be my second choice.
  • PRO
    Atlas Custom Cabinets Ltd
    9 years ago
    Green or Yellow.
  • Sandra Santiago
    9 years ago
    With white you can never miss!
  • horselover222
    9 years ago
    Never yellow!! Babies hate yellow!!
  • horselover222
    9 years ago
    Never yellow! The baby will cry all night!!
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 years ago

Love the green!

• Laura Fredricks
    7 years ago

Based upon the interior decorating of the choices, the green is the most attractive. But it's not the color that's the draw: it's the well-done room. Grey is gorgeous and blends well with so many accent or secondary colors including pinks and blues and greens (for that matter) and even purple or red.

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 years ago

Grey is always a great option.