pfar54

What would you do with this room?

pfar54
4 years ago

A couple of months ago I moved into a new house. Since then, I still haven't decided what to do with one of the rooms. I have essentially three rooms that could be considered a "living room". They are technically called a great room, family room and living room. The great room is the room we use the most for entertaining, watching tv and socializing.

The room in question is the family room, which connects directly to the great room (the great room was a large addition to the house at 700 sq ft). The family room has a fire place and is decently sized at around 18x22 ft. It is in between the great room and kitchen.

I am unsure what to do with this room. All we have in it now is some kid toys and tables. I thought about just getting one couch and calling it a day, but wanted to get other opinions.

In the future, I will be extending my kitchen back further into the dining room (opposite way of the family room) and making the current kitchen an eat in kitchen in case anyone was going to suggest this.

Room in question - family room

Great room

Kitchen - where you can see the family room

Comments (23)

Sponsored