rakhi_mitra25

Should I hang a Backrest Swing in living room ?

Rakhi Mitra
11 May 2019

I have living area 12" x 18" . Should I hang a Backrest Swing in living room of 12" x 18"? I am providing the swing concept for your reference.

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    Rakhi,

For the area you mentioned full fledged swing might not be a good idea. However if you share the floor plan the opinion may differ.

thanks.
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs Bangalore
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    Rakhi,
    You may have missed attaching the floor plan. It is not visible.
  • Rakhi Mitra

Floor plan updated for your reference

• PRO
  • PRO
    INTERIOR DESIGNER
    hello rakhi, your living area’s interior decide is hanging light is like it or not
  • PRO
    GJ Studio

For the soft, serene look of your living room, a low backed or long upholstered bench may be a better option on the side that has no furniture at present. The inclusion of a swing is a very personal choice. Swings look good but I don't know how practical they really are for lounging in. However the reference picture does look inviting!

• PRO
    GJ Studio

The swing with a backrest also looks good when placed with its back to a wall. I can't tell from the picture if there is a wall behind the space that will be assigned to the swing

• Rakhi Mitra

yes there is a wall behind the swing ..

main home entryway is between the swing backrest n the wall

• pavan singhvi

can uh plz tell me about this wall treatment??
    is this a paint or wallpapers?

• Sanjeev Sharma

it sounds like bringing an elephant in a fridge. I am not an expert but using my common sense.

• PRO
    The Keybunch decor blog

I believe that if you want a swing, you should get it. Perhaps compromise and get a two seater, though? I can help you with styling or layout advice, as well as with

A Chennai apartment from shell to sheer comfort · More Info

sourcing of a swing.

• PRO
    Liveup Homes

Hi Rakhi

In the above designs which is a modern designed home makeover hence, I would rather suggest going with modern designed indoor swings for the living area

Please check out some of the modern designed indoor swings ideas which can be suited well

so sitting style you can add it here which can go with the texture style of the room

As the texture of the room is a combination of white and beige so you can go with modern black rod -made swing the one shown above.

connect @liveup Homes

contact number : 098108 14484

Hope this will help

Thanks