5 years ago

I have not been able to decide what to do for space below stairs

Kindly suggest some ideas about what can be done

Comments (34)

• PRO
    Wing Feather Impressions
    5 years ago
    Hu

As per the pics, there's a electrical point front way , n if possible - you could come up with options like :
  • PRO
    Prasath
    5 years ago
    It will depend upon your requirement and your idea and depends near by area and need full area pics
  • Related Discussions

need help to staircase

Q

Comments (1)
    Are you able to share a photo or layout of your current space to better advise on the location for the new staircase?
    ...See More

need help for planning a staircase

Q

Comments (4)
    @ MB Builders, Yes please attach a floorplan. I would be happy to help you design a curved stair. Five feet width does not allow for very much of a curve. 3' is the absolute minimum on stair width - on your curved it may need to be wider to allow for a walkline to fit code as well. You can see our work on our houzz page or website. We build custom curved and wood stairs in our Seattle shop, and can installed them anywhere in the US.
    ...See More

I need help for staircase

Q

Comments (2)
    http://www.blocklayer.com/stairs/stairseng.aspx This site does a pretty good job of helping work through stair rise/run for a standard or spiral stair case.
    ...See More

Need help for construction of internal staircase from 1st to 2nd flr

Q

Comments (6)
    Hello Ramakrishna M, This question sounds more for a structural engineer. Also you will need to check if it is legal to do it in your house in the first place especially if you are planning to make an RCC staircase. An Interior designer can help to beautify your space and provide advice on the planning at the max. I could not answer your question directly but hope it puts you in a better direction. If you need Interior Design services feel free to contact us: 9820942680, designospire@gmail.com, Follow us on Facebook @designospireIDS www.designospire.com
    ...See More
  • HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is the wall on the right.
    It will have a wash basin.

So, maybe now you can get an idea what is on the right side wall and maybe suggest some options based on that.

Thank you.

• PRO
    Wing Feather Impressions
    5 years ago
    As per the pics-wash basin is okay with, on the side wall. Ensure that it's compact and small one, designer kind of...

But there's a lot more, like set up of indoor plants, artificial grass, Stone cladding for the wall, . Since the tiles work is pending, you have many choices to choose from your side.

Best wishes.
  • HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@Art_Ograph Thank you for your suggestion

Here are the photos of the dimensions of the floor and view from the top

I recently was thinking of some area for PC on the right corner and storage space on the left.
    What do you think about it?

Thank you.

• Art Ograph
    5 years ago

Storage space on the left would be perfect. if you are not looking for adding a wash basin on the right, a small workplace could probably fit in. this you will have to check with your carpenter since the area should be used carefully. it should have enough space for your chair to be pulled out as well as for your cabinets to open. so a 1.5 -2 foot table would be ideal and you could still have plants near to make it less wood and concrete. another option would be a cozy seating area. check the images for reference.

• PRO
    Prasath
    5 years ago

Don't make confusing it depends upon your need already you are desided to fix wash basin there you can put washing machine with closed wood work like some below pics please share your location If it possible I will do all Interior work like falseceeling, wood work, invisible grill, tiles or morble granite laying work 9962068789

• PRO
    RnD Atelier
    5 years ago

Hi,

There are a number of ways in which the area under a staircase can be utilized. In case of a cramped house or space restrictions, this space can be used for providing storage, services or even a powder room as elaborated below :

In case there are no space constraints and all the other areas are taken care of, the space below the stairs can be used for add ons such as a library, study, cellar or a minibar. In case there are any dogs in the house, this area serves as a spacious and compact kennel too :

Apart from this, if the space is to be treated solely considering aesthetics, it can be livened up using a bit of indoor landscaping, sculptures and water body :

Hope these ideas help. Do let us know what you decided to choose. All the best!

Regards,

RnD Atelier

Nagpur

• PRO
    Prasath
    5 years ago
    I feel what RnD gives is enough for you
  • HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @RnD_Atelier Thank you for your wonderful advice.

We liked your ideas and have decided to go for study/ work deskarea where would like to accommodate our PC and storage units on the top.

Cheers!
  • PRO
    RnD Atelier
    5 years ago

Thank you so much! We are glad we could help!

• PRO
    SV interior designer
    5 years ago

Dear sir,

I suggest sitting, indoor garden, storage.

Sumit Makwana
    SV INTERIOR DESIGNER

• Varsha Motwani
    5 years ago

I think u can use this space like this...

• Varsha Motwani
    5 years ago

I think u can use this space like this...

• PRO
    GJ Studio
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

You can turn it into a nice study area. In this picture, the tall unit on the right (where the roof is higher) houses important files. The depth of the staircase is usually about 3' or so, so we used wooden panelling to reduce the depth and bring the desk forward. Otherwise the user is bound to bump his or her head sitting under the lower steps. The panel also gave us freedom to pull wires from behind and re-position lighting points as we pleased. This villa has a dedicated study room on the second floor. but the lady of the house likes to oversee her children's homework and this space which is close to the kitchen, allowed her this convenience

• gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

Can you take a couple of photographs from a few steps back? Is there a skylight above or just the high ceiling from the floor above?

• HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @gauri_acharya

There is high ceiling from floor above
    No skylight.
  • gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

Is there a particular interior style you like? Can you send me a couple of images of your style? Is it eclectic, contemporary, ethnic? Do you like plants?

• HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@gauri_acharya

I like contemporary eclectic interior designs
    I am going with a broad mindset and open to ideas that would be advised by you.
    I was thinking of some kind of study area in one corner particularly the right corner. Rest I haven't had much idea idea.
    Here are some images that I found which I like.

P.S. I love plants. I want them everywhere possible.

Thank you.

• gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

and you want a sink on the wall on the right? is it close to a dining room?

• HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, it is close.
    We have decided to keep an open kitchen and in front of it ,will keep the dining table, as you can see in the picture no. 1

On its right side are the stairs as in the second picture.

• gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

If the kitchen and dining is on the left of the staircase as i see it in the pic, any chance you would have space to have the sink elsewhere?

• HU-735761992
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @gauri_acharya
    actually the pipelines had been laid before
    now its difficult to shift on any other part of the lobby.

also the idea was that sink be kind of hidden from direct vision of anybody entering the house.
  • gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

Are you in Bangalore?

• gauri_acharya
    5 years ago

For the wall under the stairs, as you face it-

1. Brick facade, painted white

2. L shaped wood shelves and cupboards as per your needs, so a small part of the wall on the right also has shelving)

3. A metal or wood screen (lattice, grill, filligree work) painted white as a demarcation between the work area and wash basin.

4. Simple elegant wash basin.

5. Storage under the stairs on the left, or you can dummy it out.

6. Plants

• rkamatd
    5 years ago

You can make a shoe rack in that niche below the staircase with a small sitting arrangement in front. You can also make a library with a sitting arrangement of a chair.

• Ellora Pritipuspa
    5 years ago

u can decorate like this

Desy's ideas · More Info

• neepurw19
    5 years ago
    U can add little garden wid boundaries along with indoor air purifier plant and antique mirror or any antique painting on wall
  • Lucky Singh
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Just because you want to use the space below the stairs, do not just add drawers or shelfs unless you reaalllyyy need it. I would suggest go for adding something green to your house. Its healthy by adding air purifying plants. These plants are nowadays available in most of the nurseries and moreover Green patch in the house gives a beautiful look to the house and is also good for eyes ( the green color). Below are few picture to motivate you for Green patch or Indoor garden.

• PRO
    Elegant Conception PVT LTD
    5 years ago
    Hey, if you want to use the space for increasing ambience, a garden piece with few other elements would look dazzling but if you want to use it to increase convenience, I would suggest a modular storage with small pots to increase its ambience too would look good. Using lighter colours would make the space look larger in contemporary style.
  • PRO
    Sanju
    4 years ago
    You can go with artificial grass for flooring or do boxing add stone to it. And have floor vase and decorative items. Or you can with plywood storage cabinets.
  • PRO
    SV interior designer
    4 years ago

hello, We your indoor garden, sitting, or store area.
    like garden,or sitting.

• PRO
    Xanadu Organic Gardens
    4 years ago

If you have some decent sunlight falling on the space you could do an indoor garden.

Here is an indoor garden we designed and installed for a client.