ramakrishna_m94

Need help for construction of internal staircase from 1st to 2nd flr

Ramakrishna M
6 years ago

Please advice staircase for my house area which is in first floor and constructing duplex to second floor. The staircase is required internally. So please let us know can we go for concrete staircase (as in the 2nd picture) based on it's load bearing on 4 inches slab of first floor. Alternatively, which wooden staircase from any of the below suits / fits into the given area. details : Length: 10.7 Ft, Width- 6.6 ft and Roof Height- 10 ft.

First photo : my home.

Our liking :

Fulham Apartment · More Info

Area of the room : Length- 10.5 ft
Williamstown · More Info

Urban Playhouse · More Info

Comments (6)

• User
    6 years ago

Hello Ramakrishna M,

This question sounds more for a structural engineer. Also you will need to check if it is legal to do it in your house in the first place especially if you are planning to make an RCC staircase. An Interior designer can help to beautify your space and provide advice on the planning at the max.

I could not answer your question directly but hope it puts you in a better direction.

If you need Interior Design services feel free to contact us:

9820942680, designospire@gmail.com, Follow us on Facebook @designospireIDS www.designospire.com

• PRO
    Meraki4Designs
    6 years ago

it would be better if you can share layout plan for your house.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    6 years ago
    Hello Rama,

The image of your home that you have shared does not seem to have a clear wall that is 10 ft long. There is window on one wall and the other two have some kind of passages.

Which side are you planning to have the stairs here.
    I am assuming that you are planning to close the window .

Please clarify and share the floor plan for better details.

Thanks
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs
    Bangalore
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    6 years ago
    Sir,

Without floorplan it is very difficult to suggest any major civil changes. Please hire an architect.

Thanks,
    Amit
    Cornerstone Designs
    Bangalore
  • PRO
    Pooja Khanna Tyagi
    6 years ago

make sure you check the structural capacity of the building..