tammymcl

skimmer placement?

tammymcl
5 years ago
Can you tell me what skimmer you used here? I’m trying to find one for a 12x22x2’ fountain with 8” thick walls. Thank you
Charm to Farm-House · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Artesian Custom Pools, INC
    5 years ago
    Hello, we used a Pentair Bermuda skimmer. The beam
    On this project is 20 inches to hold the skimmer. Hope this helps.
    tammymcl thanked Artesian Custom Pools, INC
  • tammymcl
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Do you know of a skimmer that would work for an 12x22x2’ semi inground concrete fountain? Walls are set to be poured for 8”thick. The proposed filter box sticks out of the wall and disrupts the clean lines of the pool. I have scoured the web for days to find an alternative. If I can find something that fits, I won’t have to ask my husband and concrete contractor buddy to move the inside forms. He will probably want to divorce me. Lol. Btw, I just realized that the majority of my “saves” last night was pics of your pools. Makes me wish I still lived in San Antonio. Thank you for your time!
  • PRO
    Artesian Custom Pools, INC
    5 years ago

I'm sorry but no. I don't know of any skimmer that will fit in 8". We enlarge our beams to fit them inside of the beam so we do not have any unsightly protrusions. If it is going to kill your aesthetic you can always skip the skimmer and plumb a vacuum line and just plan on vacuuming a bit more. Fountains are high maintenance no matter how they are done so you may consider not having a dedicated skimmer.