rehabear

Is Maple or birch a better choice for clear acrylic kitchen cabinets?

Bunny Joy
6 years ago
What would be the difference? Such as durability and appearance?
Basement Renovation in Bethesda · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Stohlman & Kilner Remodeling Contractors
    6 years ago

The answer to this question is aesthetic only. Being both quality hardwood they would be the same in terms of performance/durability. Maple tends to be lighter and more consistent in color. Birch can tend to have more color variation from blond to brown. Good luck!

• Bunny Joy
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you very much! I have been reading reviews on cabinet brands and there seems to be a lot of inconsistency per buyer reviews. We are of retirement age and this kitchen will be our last and having to redo in 5-10 years is not an option. So that is why I'm thinking of going with a natural wood look. Being longer lasting aesthetically and functionally speaking rather than say a modern laminate. Am I correct in thinking this way? is there a brand that can be trusted for consistency or should I expect to have to have them custom made to get true quality?
  • PRO
    Stohlman & Kilner Remodeling Contractors
    6 years ago

I think you need to find a kitchen showroom/salesperson that you trust in your area. They can walk you through the options out there from stock to custom made. Quality can be had a multiple price points.

• Bunny Joy
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thks for your time. I will have to look around. I am close to the Charlotte, NC. area. I once saw a German manufacturers business that looks like they do excellent work. I'll probably try them first. Thanks again for your guidedence.