claire_jones12

Help needed with new colour scheme

Claira Jones
6 years ago
We’re in the process of redecorating our main bedroom. Previously it had a very natural colour scheme of pale coffee and various hues of brown. For the new colour scheme I’d chosen a gorgeous palette based around sage green and olive (similar to photo below) to compliment our oak furniture and planned to reuse lamps and some accessories. The walls have been painted a neutral pale coffee colour and I intended to introduce the new colours in with a new headboard, ceiling lighting, curtains, throw and cushions.

So the new headboard that i’d ordered online arrived yesterday and it’s a much paler green than I’d expected. It has a bluey hue to it similar to colour below and sadly doesn’t go with the sage green / Olive scheme I had in mind. Due to its size, I can’t really send it back. I’m trying to pretend that I’m happy with it, as my partner already thinks that I’m overly fussey which I am!).

I’d really appreciate help to identify an accent colour to work with, preferably one I can live with and doesn’t involve blue!!

Advanced thanks!

Comments (14)