bubbabloom

Soapstone counters

bubbabloom
6 years ago
Hi- I read that the counters are soapstone, but still am interested in the cabinets. They appear to be a warm calming white as opposed to a bright white...and they don't look yellow ....any help on the color?
Modern Farmhouse · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    markdesign, llc
    6 years ago

Hi - Thank- you. The cabinets are Benjamin Moore Linen White OC-146. It's an interesting hue as it changes dramatically with the light so it's always a good idea to test sample the paint before you purchase what you need.

• bubbabloom
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you. I am guessing they are custom built cabinets. Do you know the wood species. We are renovating a farmhouse and this kitchen look is perfect.
  • PRO
    markdesign, llc
    6 years ago

Sorry, I don't remember the species. If you are going to paint the cabinets, use maple. It will give you a smooth finish and will be the most affordable option. No need to spend on a more expensive wood just to paint them. Try Kitchen Kraft. It's a nice, affordable line and they have some pre-painted options. The door style is a shaker style. Send me photos when you're done. I'd love to see it.

• bubbabloom
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you so much. This is a diy project by my husband and I. Unfortunately, he is laid up with a severe ankle sprain so we are going to be delayed in the project. He has some help now and they just did some demo in the other rooms on the plaster walls and ceiling. Needless to say in an old house with several additions they found some interesting framing that will need correction...so we are months away from any finishing touches...but I will send photos when complete! The kitchen has a bit of electrical yet and then is ready for taping. Two of the three bathrooms ( we went from 1 to 3) are finished. I will send pictures when finished but it may be awhile!