penny_lemelman

preteen bedroom

Penny Lemelman
6 years ago
my daughter picked out black and white damask bedding. She would like her walls a shade of blue or turquoise. I am not sure if this will work. should I leave the walls white and do pillows accents instead?

Comments (3)

• phuninthesun
    6 years ago

Blue or teal are perfect with black and white bedding. If you are concerned that painting all the walls blue walls will be too much, then just paint the wall behind the bed that color and the other walls a bright white. Would love to see pics of the room and furniture that you already have!

• PRO
    Bakker Construction
    6 years ago

I love that your daughter is getting creative with her bedroom decor! I totally agree with phuninthesun. But be careful with too much contrast with a bold accent wall and bright white walls- accent walls are phasing out. Damask bedding with some blue accents in the throw pillows and artwork would be any pre-teen's dream! Can't wait to see the finished room- happy decorating!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

It's paint. Whatever! She's not bashing out the walls that will be taped with friends, and a lot of junk you wouldn't ever tape up. It will all be re done when she moves out for college. Fear not, don't worry, and don't even care. Shut the door. She certainly WILL.

No taste is really required at this stage of her life. : ) Don't wring your hands