mariana_nabeh

what do you think about these curtains

Mariana Nabeh
6 years ago
I am adding Curtains to my daughters room and i dont like what i bought, i guess i need something heavy not sheer, i need shorter although the 84" not touching the ground but i guess thats better than the 96" i am having now. what do you think

Comments (16)

• athomeeileen
    6 years ago
    I think they're cute and complement the bedding. Just raise the curtain rod so the curtains just touch the floor.
  • odin08075
    6 years ago

I think they look sloppy and don't add anything to the room

• athomeeileen
    6 years ago

Oh I didn't see the half circle window. Yes these need to be hemmed, don't raise the rod.

• simstress
    6 years ago
    Also, the rod brackets are too close to the window frame; they should sit wider. I would move the brackets several inches out... the finial should be closer to the adjacent wall. Good luck!
  • dyliane
    6 years ago

I don't like curtains touching the ground

• Sidney Sceroler
    6 years ago

I like the curtains, I think it would be best if you just got them hemmed.

• Mariana Nabeh
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    how about the fact of they are transparent! should i go for something heavier
  • PRO
    Best Buy Blinds, Inc.
    6 years ago

Pooling curtains is a design decision that most designers like. I would not hem them if I decided to keep them. Also, the wide horizontal stripes on the curtains along with the small horizontal blinds make it feel uncomfortable to my eye. I would go with a solid color if it were my room.

• Susan Davis
    6 years ago

The rod is way too thin for the expanse and looks like it will bend if you blow on it. Rod diameter should be 1 inch in diameter. As mentioned above, press the curtains this will stretch them a bit make the hang straight for measuring, add rings, hang curtains then measure by putting a long yardstick flat on the floor, 36 inches long and measure from the bottom of the ring to the top of the yard stick. Mark the curtains with pins, iron, rehang, adjust, them press hem and sew or tape. It is a process but you need to know if your floor or wall or rods are level or not in order to hem evenly.

These are so pretty and sweet you might want to get 64 inch curtains for your daughter's room so they do not get messed on the floor.

woodlawn residence · More Info

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    6 years ago

For a kid's room, I'd definitely hem them a few inches so they're off the floor. Otherwise they look like a good choice.

• katinparadise
    6 years ago

I think the curtains are cute with the bedding. I would normally like them hung from rings but these are very sheer and I think the rings would be too heavy. Since you have blinds for privacy, I would just leave the curtains open as an accent to the windows. Most dry cleaners do alterations and you can probably have them hemmed very inexpensively. Pin them up so they come just above the floor by a 1/2" or so. Once you have them hemmed, they'll hang very nicely. You can always throw them in the dryer on a steam setting or with a damp towel to steam out any wrinkles before you rehang them. When you do rehang them, pull the rods out further so the finials just touch the wall. This will open them up some and not make the windows feel so small. Hope this helps!

• Carol Singletary
    6 years ago
    I think I agree with Best Buy Blinds that the pattern of the curtains jars with the pattern of the blinds behind. And in a kid's room, pooling curtains doesn't make much sense.
  • PRO
    Lisa Aportela,ASID
    6 years ago

I agree, I think maybe a fabric with a little heavier substance. Try using something in a soft linen material instead of a sheer. Or you can always add a solid fabric panel to either end, and leave the sheers in the middle. That will create a more grounded look. Best of luck!

• Maureen
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

You don't need four panels given your blinds, so I would simplify that wall - it's a bit overwhelming. Go with a heavier fabric and little girls love pompoms, which come in a string and can be sewn or glued on. You could also keep the curtains (and still add the pompoms), but double them up on each end, so they become less sheer and look fuller. Be sure to extend the rod so the drapes hang more on the wall vs the window.

• erinsean
    6 years ago

I have two questions and maybe it is just my monitor......what color are the blinds...they look green or dark to me....not going with the curtains at all....I would use white. Also your curtains slip on the rod.....I like the curtains, but all of my curtains...sheers and heavyier have a header so that the rod slips into the second space of stitching, leaving a little header (like a ruffle). Maybe I haven't shopped for curtains enough but I think something like that would make your curtains very cute for a girls room. I would hem them up also.