atmosphere360

Extreme Transformation-Traditional to Minimalist Modern

Our client wanted a unique, modern space. The biggest challenge was redesigning the fireplace. It was out of proportion in relation to the ceiling height (22') and the built-in cabinets were outdated and dwarfed the firebox. We came up with a design to integrate both the staircase and fireplace that added soft geometric form and unity to the large great room. The artwork above the fireplace was painted by our principal designer to compliment the room without competing with the design.

Comments (26)

• 11 years ago
    Great design! I can see that it was a lot of work, but the end result is great! I have a similar wall that I need to address.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thank you! Yes, it took awhile to get away from making both sides the same. Lots of "fail" sketches. In the end I got out some foam core and started building a model. Worked great, kind of like a puzzle. Good luck, and don't be afraid of asymmetry!
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks! I am going for asymmetry as well..don't like things are too matchy matchy or that are found everywhere. You did an amazing job and very creative!
  • 11 years ago
    fabulous. just stunning
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    great contemporary update.
  • 11 years ago
    Wow. You wouldn't believe it's the same house!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Wow! What a great transformation! Love the size of the room too
  • 11 years ago
    absolutely stuning!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Love the futuristic feel of the space, very cool!... Raisa
  • 11 years ago
    A360, that's quite a Before & AFTER! Thanks! :)
  • 11 years ago
    Wow what a transformation!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Fantastic--did you do any work on the exterior of the house as well?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thanks Studio S Squared. Due to subdivision constraints, there was only some landscaping done in the front of the house. It is funny, when people walk into the space they expect traditional due to the front exterior. It kind of lends to the dramatic effect of the interior. We did, however, redesign the back patio/pool area in the rear of the home. The photo shoot has not happened yet as we are waiting for the trees to bloom etc. We should have them up in the next couple of months so follow us! Very excited about that transformation as well. Thank you again!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    This is the front before the landscaping was revamped. There were some very overgrown holly trees which are gone now, but you get the idea of the interior/exterior contrast.
  • 11 years ago
    Love the idea of transformation.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Wow! That's amazing. beautiful job! Completely different feel.
    Atmosphere 360 Studio thanked Brown Bros. Masonry
  • 8 years ago

Very impressive. Not my style, but it seems as if you achieved the clients desires! Well done!

• PRO
    8 years ago

This is very nice!

• PRO
    8 years ago

Beautiful job. What a transformation.

• 8 years ago

I can't even tell it is the same house. Amazing!

• 8 years ago

Nice!

• PRO
    8 years ago

Very nice!

• PRO
    8 years ago

Looks amazing! Everything flows together! Thanks for sharing!

• PRO
    8 years ago

Wonderful changes. Love the colors.

• PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Love the transformation! The motion of the staircase looks great!