beachcombing

The pool shed. Can I paint some of the timber grey, white or even blac

beachcombing
7 years ago
The ply roof is now on. But I'm stuck about colours for staining, lime washing or painting the timber and walls. The rest of our home is a weatherboard timber Queenslander painted grey, white and black. I'm not in love with an all timber pool house, just as a feature. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thank you.

Comments (7)

• beachcombing
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    A photo with the roof on.
  • Barbara Hill
    7 years ago
    I'd match it all with the house colours for cohesiveness....plus they're lovely colours and I think it would look much better than timber.
  • beachcombing
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you for taking the time to comment.
  • PRO
    Seed Studio Landscape Architects
    7 years ago

Hi Beachcombing! I agree with the above comments, I think a lighter tone would suit the property. In the above images (weather dependent, I know) the internal space of the pool room appears quite dark, with some overshadowing of the neighbouring foliage. A light finish to the timber would brighten the space during the cooler months. Good luck!

• beachcombing
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Great feedback regarding the shade/light aspects of the room, and with consideration of winter. Gosh, the Houzz community provides invaluable advice obviously from their own experience. Priceless. It will take us a few months to paint slowly, but I'd like to post the results. Thank you.
  • Nicole K
    7 years ago
    I really love the back timber wall. &
    It's a feature in itself. Could you leave that and paint the front frame and top White or grey to match your home ?