hzdeleted_21970047

Can anybody give me some decorating ideas for my master bedroom??

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

decor ideas · More Info

Comments (42)

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I forgot to mention that I do have new beside lamps now.

• Bev
    8 years ago

Could you please post one or two other photos of your room, possibly lighter in color. Your room is very dark on my monitor. Thanks!

• Related Discussions

Need help for our master bedroom!

Q

Comments (10)
    Room s yet in construction so furniture are yet to be bought or made.. Room is 14"*3"*17"*10" the bathroom area is 8"*11"*7"*11" .. Bed size should be king size bed and i dont need very big LCD cabinet .. As i want a small stiing arrangement in the room too.
    ...See More

Plz help me decorate this bedroom

Q

Comments (11)
    Have you thought of using wall vinyl to add some expression to your room? It really does add that little bit of character and warmth, and can always be removed without damaging the walls. The awesome part about these is that they look like they are painted on the wall- I have a bunch in my house! Plus you can get them in virtually any color to go with your rust walls. I would suggest a dark chocolate brown or maybe a light cream. Check out the ideas before, and let me know if you maybe would like to design something custom! You can browse through the stock designs at: http://erins.uppercaseliving.net
    ...See More

Need help for master bedroom makeover

Q

Comments (7)
    We are an online homes styling and staging company. We do space planning, furniture layouts, reuse/ repurpose old furniture with the new ones, make design boards and suggest easy solutions with great makeovers. You can check some of our work on our profile on Houzz. You could also get in touch with us on 9923893771 or email us at reema@cubspaces.com Happy Colouring! regards, Team Cubspaces
    ...See More

Help me to decorate my home ..need some ideas

Q

Comments (6)
    Hi Subhash, please contact with us on 9000963211 .our professional will help you surely. Please mention to them that you are calling from Houzz Site. Thanx
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Does this show up any better?

decor ideas · More Info

decor ideas · More Info

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mostly thinking of above bed ideas and maybe pillows?

• PRO
    BuilderWell Remodeling
    8 years ago
    this picture is too dark. I'd get rid of that bed and get bright bedsheets
    User thanked BuilderWell Remodeling
  • katinparadise
    8 years ago

Your comforter seems a bit short on the side of the bed. Could you possibly try turning it so it hangs lower on the sides? Put your regular bed pillows on top of the comforter with the two shams in front of them. Then I would use just one of your cream pillows in front of those in the center. With your twigs and fireplace, your bedroom has a sort of organic feel to me. How about a framed romantic sepia toned piece for over the bed?

User thanked katinparadise
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm not asking about the bed or bedsheets. I'm trying to put the finishing touches on our new bedroom and can't decide what to put above the bed. I'll try to fix the darkness of the photos because obviously the sheets are showing up darker than they are.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes! Love that photo. Was looking at something with trees and a slightly dramatic look. hard to find the right size though. About the bed, sorry, it's not made up proper. Please ignore it, I snapped the photo when I was in a rush and didn't take the time to set the bed up like I should have. I was wondering about just getting one more smaller pillow in between the two on there already. I like the look of lots of pillows. katin, do you have anymore photos like that?

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What kind of art grouping?

• PRO
    User thanked Deborah Roides Interior Design
  • leelee
    8 years ago

Yes, a new duvet or comforter. One with some color--that one is just so brown.

Where are your new lamps?

This is 3 pieces for $50 on My Habit

User thanked leelee
  • cretan64
    8 years ago
    Hi ranmarie, love the patio door in the bedroom, that must bring in a lot of natural light.
    My suggestion would be to look at the Houzz bedroom photos and get as many ideas as you can.
    These are pictures of my bedrooms, maybe they will help you, if anything, give you an idea. Hope it helps, good luck!
    User thanked cretan64
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks leelee but I was just finishing up the bedroom and was looking for above bed options. I don't know what your screen shows but the bedding is not just brown. It has a lot of neutral colours in it. I have no intention of changing it at the moment, thanks anyway. I'll take a photo of the new lamps.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

decor ideas · More Info

Here it is.....

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Maybe I should just ask if anyone knows where I can find a photo(s) that have the same look that katinparadise posted. Perferably with more of a black and white look or subtle colour (that one looks a bit too yellow for the room)

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I wouldn't mind a little bit of slate blue in here somewhere........

• Barbara Almandarz
    8 years ago

Do you have a great picture of you and your significant other? Get it blowup in black and white. I'd keep it clean and dramatic. (I know you did ask, but the stark white curtain is a bit too white imo). If you want to add color, add a light solid colored quilt at the foot of the bed and in a gray/vase or two scattered around the room.

User thanked Barbara Almandarz
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks Barbara! That is another great idea to consider. As to the curtains (which are actually more of a slight linen colour), I think the darkness of the photo is to blame. The Bedding has a lot of this same colour in it, as do the picture frames on the bedside tables. I WILL get some better photos! I promise! ;)

• Barbara Almandarz
    8 years ago

So hard to tell colors - especially on a computer monitor!

User thanked Barbara Almandarz
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Any comments on the lamps?

• tfitz1006
    8 years ago

The lamps are pretty but look too small to be effective for reading.

User thanked tfitz1006
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

They are slightly bigger than the ones I had before, do you think that is still too small? We do have fairly bright LED bulbs in so reading hasn't been a problem but I don't them too look too small.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Any thoughts on something like this above my bed?

Whistler Mountain Modern · More Info

Or this?
    Design Within Reach Buckhead Bedroom · More Info

I'm kind of partial to trees.......

• PRO
    Alluring Window NYC- Window Treatments
    8 years ago

Our company specialized in custom made window treatment.

We would like to invite you to check our website:

http://alluring-window.com

Also, we offer a free in-home consultation.

You can reach us at 212-518-2523

User thanked Alluring Window NYC- Window Treatments
  • PRO
    harvey & Dot
    8 years ago

Hi Ranmarie:

We have stunning DeGrezzo™ Prints. Art & Photography printed on Copper, Steel, Brass, Bronze. We will help you pick the image you love and print it on the material that would complement the fireplace. check out: www.harveyanddot.com

User thanked harvey & Dot
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you both alluring and harvey &dot. I'm actually in Canada and not that close. Also, I wasn't aware I needed window coverings.......

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the kind of prints I'm looking for online or in Ontario?

• someoneone
    8 years ago
    Maybe try art.com? Also you are so lucky to have a fireplace in the bedroom. Gorgeous.
    User thanked someoneone
  • leah
    8 years ago
    Try wayfair.ca or good ol' homesense. Also if you have a picture series of your own try getting them put on canvas yourself. Very cheap to do.
    Id recommend adding a blue teal to the room, either in the artwork or with accent pillows
    User thanked leah
  • someoneone
    8 years ago
    Also, just a thought, how about a slate blue or white blanket and folding the comforter at the end of the bed. The tree pictures are beautiful and echo the view from your window.
    User thanked someoneone
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thank you all for your ideas. I am going to add blue, but probably more of a slate colour. I love teal but i have that in my spare room.

meowzaa, I know we're lucky for the fireplace. We were originally going to replace it with a gas one (because we thought it wasn't working) It actually turned out to be an easy fix it works beautifully now. I just have to finish fixing up around the fireplace and then clean the stone.

leah, thanks for that. I'll give wayfair.ca a try. I love Homesense, but I can't seem to get the right size....all too square or long and skinny.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's the spare room.

decor ideas · More Info

Will have questions on this next

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

decor ideas · More Info

• katinparadise
    8 years ago

Hi ranmarie. I found that image by googling romantic sepia toned artwork. I found this on Allposters. It looks as though they ship to Canada. The 40X30 is $79.99 with 25% off today. It would have to be framed. As far as your lamps, they should be about the same height as your headboard. The bottom of the shade should hit at about eye level when you're sitting up for reading. I like the direction you're going in with those new ones but they are quite short in my opinion.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Yellow-Morning-Posters_i9386767_.htm?UPI=AP9386767_PC4990879_FI0_SV6_IT1_VRV1

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks so much katinparadise. I'll google it and see what I can find. I'm looking for that idea but not so yellow.

• katinparadise
    8 years ago

Allposters lets you search by subject and color. Good luck!

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello all! I finally purchased a duvet cover and art! The photos hardly show how perfect the painting pulls everything together. Not really the trees look I was going for but I'm quite pleased with the results. I just need to find pillow shams to complete the look.

decor ideas · More Info

decor ideas · More Info

• PRO
    Alluring Window NYC- Window Treatments
    7 years ago

Hello!

We would to assist you with custom window treatments & upholstery.

It seems like you have a pretty large window in your space. We would recommend go with custom modern curtains. As to dropped pillows, you can visit our showroom located in NYC to pick fabric from our huge selection and we can custom made it to your sizes.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at info@alluring-window.com

Kind Regards,

Alluring Window Team

ALLURING WINDOW

447 West 50th street

New York, NY 10019
    O:212-518-2523
    M:1-800-506-1017

www.alluring-window.com

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Wow. NYC seems a long way to go for curtains. Does it matter that the ones I have aren't even a year old?

• Susan Davis
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I houzzed Rustic Bedroom Design and found some interesting takes on rustic.....maybe it will inspire you?

Art work from local area artists; these are done in Jackson Hole. Maybe posters from JH for added flavor?

Jackson House · More Info

Original art; two same sized for over the bed and one more larger one. Note use of blue in ceiling, benches at foot of bed and coloration in curtains; possibly a slender stripe. Subtle but add up to effective and softening of the rooms wood.

Custom Home at Boot Ranch · More Info

Love the faux fur pillow shams! Cozy.

Robertson Lake House · More Info

Natral wood headboard is very striking plus use of rustic prints on all by bureau.

New Fairfield Lake House · More Info

Love your room; soft and cozy and makes you want to curl up. Oh I agree that lamps should be at least as tall as top of headboard....I would find another pair and see which ones you prefer?

User thanked Susan Davis
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks Susan!

I know, they look a bit small. I think I should've found some that were a bit more bronze. I'm not into too much rustic, just a touch here and there. I like natural elements but paired with clean, straight lines. This was the hardest room for me to pull together. It's not quite done....... but I'm pleased with the art!