writerinfact

"Living small" kitchen?

writerinfact
8 years ago
It would appear that this kitchen contains counter space, a refrigerator, a sink, and . . . no stove? Not even a hot plate or a microwave? I assume, then, that the resident survives on sandwiches and takeout food! Unless the living room fireplace shown in another photo passes for a cooking facility as well as building heat. A bit primitive, I would think. The bath is far more functional.
Living Small - Mt. Gretna Cottage · More Info

Comments (3)

• jturner2urf
    8 years ago
    The microwave is on top of the fridge!
  • writerinfact
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Well, that's a great place for it, if you're a six-footer, but no help for shorties like me at 5'4". And I still want to know where the stove might be - next door?

• PRO
    Interior Design by Anastasia
    8 years ago

As noted from a previous comment by someone else, the microwave is on top of the refrigerator. Believe it or not, the cottage owners really are not very tall people. We could have put a stove in there as it had one originally within that same space. However, based on the usage for the current homeowners, it was not something they were interested in utilizing and preferred the extra cabinet space. The unique thing about interior design is that you come up with a design that suits the specific needs of the homeowner and obviously one person's choices may not work for another. That is, however, what keeps your work unique and different. Thank you so much for your questions!