tommyflan

Win a Halloween hamper - pick your favourite Haunted Houzz!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

A knock on the door, a howling in the attic, Halloween's here and it might have even hit your home!

To celebrate the coming of the year's most hallowed time, we're asking you to venture forth into our very own Haunted Houzz and pick the home that says Halloween to you the most.

We've got 4 distinctive homes, each spooky in their own way, and all you need to do to enter is vote for your favourite Haunted Houzz and leave a comment below.

You’ll be entered into a random prize draw and could be in with a chance of winning a Fortnum & Mason hamper, perfect for comforting you when you're home alone! The competition closes at midnight, 1st November 2015. By registering your vote and adding a comment, you're agreeing to our competition terms and conditions.

Happy Halloween!

Antique Halloween
Hitchcock Halloween (house from The Birds)
Gothic Halloween
American Halloween
Other - go on and scare us!

Comments (86)

• Kas
    8 years ago

Hitchcock Halloween, as even just the front of the house is spooky and atmospheric.

• J Hurst
    8 years ago
    The American Halloween House is amazing, Happy Halllloooooweeeen!
  • wendyharfoot
    8 years ago
    Gothic !!!!!
  • teresamartins
    8 years ago
    Hitchcock Halloween house definitely, has the grand spooky looking house from the outside like someone scary lives there, large rooms, creaking floors, looks like someone might jump out at you!
  • PRO
    Katy Galbraith, Mosaic Artist
    8 years ago

gothic all the way… though i tend to end up a bit like the American Halloween house by the end of the day!

• Sherbert Barnes
    8 years ago
    It has to be that purple carpeted room for me... Would love to be sat in there with friends.... sharing spooky stories.... to the point where everyone is too scared to leave the room and go to the toilet alone !!
  • junimw1
    8 years ago
    Hitchcock all the way! Master of suspense, really scary!
  • melissasale
    8 years ago
    Antique for me. It was the picture over the fireplace that did it!
  • lettica
    8 years ago

It was a toss-up between 1 and 3. I chose 1 due to the dark curtains and the stuffed birds and the neglected decor. Does anyone really live there...maybe just the ghosts.

• moorlikeit
    8 years ago

Love the bijou museum vibe here in the "Antique Halloween".

• stav17
    8 years ago

It has to be the Hitchcock house - I'm 40 and still petrified of birds after watching that film as a teenager!!

• paulahorne
    8 years ago

Gothic looks great. Purple adds a dark look without it being to gloomy.

• Joanne Healy
    8 years ago

I voted American, but I want Antique Halloween for my house for the year round.

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of what you can win!

• PRO
    Hetty Home Interiors
    8 years ago
    Gothic Halloween is full of spooky corners. Dreadful pink carpet only adds to the drama going on here!
  • chle2412
    8 years ago
    It's creepy and it's spooky - so the intro starts! Gotham Halloween I'm scared just looking at the photographs! Fabulous, atmospheric place. Very imaginative and spooky! Wooooa
  • chle2412
    8 years ago
    Or maybe Gothic Halloween!! Predicted text grrr (could it be the place had a Straaange effect on me)
  • Charlotte Bailey
    8 years ago
    I wish so badly that my house looked as nice as these. I feel like the building work is never ending! First house dramas, if only money was no object. A girl can dream.xxx
  • Emmanuelle
    8 years ago
    The antique Halloween house is the spookiest one for me... The eyes of the portraits looking and following you, the dead stuffed animals & the shadows in the mirror playing up in your mind, the old doors and wooden floors squeaking... Brrr.....
  • ali270
    8 years ago
    Got to be the American Halloween.....love all things pumpkin !
  • smarfs
    8 years ago
    American Halloween love it
  • nmtaylor77
    8 years ago

Love the colours in the American Halloween. It's fun and not too creepy

• sandrabald
    8 years ago

I just love the 'fall' colours in the American Halloween Houzz

Love the blaze of colours with the fun theme

• PRO
    London Basement
    8 years ago

Very creepy, wouldn't like to spend the night there!

• Fiona Wilson
    8 years ago
    The American house shouts Halloween
  • Chris Hunt
    8 years ago

Gothic for me. That wicker chair scares me rigid.

• annerz1507
    8 years ago
    This is all I have a lamp in the porch!! Cute I think!!!!
  • G Vincent
    8 years ago

Gothic, that carpet is amazing.

• Cath Sheehan
    8 years ago
    Antique Halloween for me. All creaky floorboards and the outline of a grey lady sitting in the corner. Woohoo!
  • Brigid McKevith
    8 years ago
    Gothic all the way!
  • loulabella4
    8 years ago

The American Halloween with all the wonderful Autumn colours.

• flojoro1124
    8 years ago

All so great, but there is something about a house full of antiques which lends itself to Halloween

• patsyattard
    8 years ago

Halloween is for children and I'm sure they will love the American house most.

• 1katrina
    8 years ago
    American Halloween - Love the colors and the seasonal decoration.
  • tommytomster
    8 years ago

Dark, moody and atmospheric! Has to be Gothic to scare me.

• Jem B
    8 years ago
    love the American Halloween, lovely fun touches like the pumpkin adorned cake stand. A little OTT but isn't any themed decorative time?!
  • jannybl
    8 years ago

I love the antique house - although it has a very smart interior - who knows what might lie within!

• Sherbert Barnes
    8 years ago
    Is anybody else like me?!!
    I have notifications from HOUZZ every time somebody comments on an advice edit that I have also commented on and so every time it beeps up that somebody has commented on 'Which Halloween Image Do You Like Best', I think it is Tom mailing me to say 'SherbertBarnes, you are our winner!! You have been chosen at random.... The Halloween hamper is yours'!!!!!!!!!
    I have never been disappointed so many times!!!!!! Lol!!!!!
  • robby_e573
    8 years ago
    The best part of Halloween is that it's in the fall! Pumpkins galore, a crisp chill to the air, fall foliage, beautifully warm and inviting oranges and reds that make you feel like snuggling up at home....and did I mention pumpkins? Lots and lots of pumpkins! Love the American Halloween
  • Tara K
    8 years ago
    Antique Halloween has that eery feeling about it, that big mirror makes you feel like someone is watching you.
  • evadorothy
    8 years ago

Love the gothic one - happy, sexy, halloween ;-)

• PRO
    Magda Magda
    8 years ago

Antique Hallowe'en house looks the most spooky. I think I can see a ghost apparition in that big mirror.

• User
    8 years ago
    "BIRDS" did to birds what "JAWS" did to sharks, such a shame.
  • User
    8 years ago
    Sorry, "THE BIRDS".
  • michelle_elliman
    8 years ago

It's the gorgeous Gothic house all the way for me.

• rmmul
    8 years ago

Gothic- American was too cute, Hitchcock House too normal.

• gillianbaxter
    8 years ago

Antique Halloween - very atmospheric. Can just imagine the piano beginning to play by itself when the clock chimes midnight...

• kt2978
    8 years ago
    Antique is much more subtle
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The competition is now closed - thanks everyone for voting!

This year's Haunted Houzz is the American Houzz - a worthy winner and something a little bit cheerful on Halloween!

The winner will be contacted today, so keep your eyes peeled. Happy Halloween again!

• PRO
    Woodys Furniture
    8 years ago

American halloween