tbilsi

What to do with this wall of options?

tbilsi
8 years ago

It's a wall with a window, a door and another door. It has a gas pipe sticking out in the middle of it about 2" (the 94" floor to ceiling line). The french doors have a screen pocket surround that we want to keep. All the measurements are on the photo.

It's a guest room and an office and is always used for both. It needs privacy and a way of blocking light. There's a sweet shade garden in the back. We want to keep this space neutral in color but use indigo tribal/folk patterns for accent.

Right now, we see Option A: Single ceiling track between gas pipe and gray wall.

Option B: Single ceiling track behind gas pipe across entire wall.

Option C: Triple ceiling track in front of gas pipe.

This a stump forest of options for us and each has problems, like jutting out into the room, and where to put a full length fabric when we need to have the daybed close to the wall.

I grew up with panels, not curtains, so prefer them. I used a rail system upstairs with a carved panel that is gorgeous but can't see how to make that work here.

Maybe it's because it has multiple functions, but this has been the hardest room in the house. It looks chunky monkey to me.

I keep feeling as though I'm missing something. Does anyone see what to do?

Comments (3)